Monday, March 28, 2016

The Simple Woman Daybook




For Today...

March 28, 2016

the weather today....


Outside my window...

the overnight  rainy spell has past and the  wind  is   picking up....
the maple trees are all abloom with their  new  sprouting   leaves....I am  allergic to maple trees, so I  dont want to get out in that wind much today.....  yikes!!!

I am thinking...
there are  some items I would like to order today.... time to peruse the catalogues  and Amazon

I am thankful...
for such great friends. it was  sort of hard to  think about  our dearest granddaughters enjoying their holiday  and  missing seeing them  hiding/seeking eggs.... I guess I always thought I'd  be with my grandchildren on holidays... that was  our tradition  growing up...but  we're learning to    be  thankful for  great  christian friends...  Dot and Bill had  David, Gerri, and hubs and I over after church for a  wonderful Easter dinner..It was a delightful  time of fellowship and  conversation!!!!

I am wearing...
my   jeans and turquoise tee....

I am creating...
the house is so cleaned up and  in  such good order, I have no plans to mess it up this week...  maybe next week I will  bring out our new sewing machine and  begin a project!

I am going...
looking for shoes  today... I need  some  comfortable walking shoes for an upcoming  trip...more on that later!

I am wondering... 
if we might do face time this morning.  if so it could be any minute....  it is my most favorite Monday activity!!!!
At least we get to enjoy breakfast with the girls!


On my reading table...
another  Lynn Kurland book....

Dreams of Stardust
I am reading it rather slowly  because I want to  relish every  moment...  only 2 more to go.

I am hoping...
to still locate   the  particular  type of  hydrangea  I am  seeking....

paniculata
Young shrub shape

I'll be stopping  in to several greenhouses this week!

I am learning...
discipline of  contentment...   that one is hard!

In my garden...
Once the maple pollen season  is over  by mid April it will be time to focus  on the porch....  we will  wash  the  jute carpet and and  wrought iron furniture  and scrub the  porch area...  I so look forward to time spent on the porch... I  want to have some lovely  pots of  greenery and   perhaps c couple of hanging baskets out there..   I love the Jacobean  pattern of our  porch cushions...

This season I would love to  purchase some  outdoor curtains    for the porch....  I have a bit of a sales job to perform on hubs, though!!!!  A white  sheer  type fabric  would  make the porch so much more intimate yet breezy!

In my kitchen...
I am really anxious to learn how to make macarons  using my new silpat  macaron sheet
Macaron Kit - French Designed Macaron Kit - Orginal Design 48 Macaron Baking Sheet with Batter Dispenser
 This is my  project for this week

A favorite quote/scripture for today...

John 10: 1-4
I Am the Good Shepherd
10 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber.2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.


A peek into one of my days...today
shopping for shoes  and perhaps  a travel outfiT.. I need something Springy!!!!!!!!

One of my favorite things...

Hydrangeas.... it is now afternoon, and  we jsut got back from   shopping.. and  thankfully hubs took me to  Windy Gap nursery.. where  we  found  2    excellent  hydrangeas...
paniculata Limelight
12 " flower balls mature to deep pink in fall and persist
and  a  fiery  red....Quick Fire
Quick Fire Hardy Panicle Hydrangea - Live Plant - Full Gallon Pot (4QT)
 I am  ecstatic!!!

From the board room...
I love   Madelief's photography....  such  beauty..

Post Script
Well, my shopping experience was  most productive....  just in time for  our  up coming little jaunt  out of town..

2  new slacks,  2 new tops and a pair of  walking shoes!!


Like walking on a cloud!!!

4 comments:

  1. Making macaroons sounds wonderful. Hope your week is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am visiting from the Simple Woman's Daybook. What a beautiful site. The birds and the calming music were WONDERFUL and calming. So very lovely. Hydrangeas are so fun. I hope you enjoy them. Looks like you found some comfy walking shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful blog you have. I am visiting from the Simple Woman's Daybook. I hope your hydrangeas thrive! I have two varieties. Looks like you found comfy walking shoes. The music and the calming bird sounds playing in the background of your blog are so inviting. Thanks for making this moment in time so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~