Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wednesday Hodge Podge


Click the icon to return to our host!
1. Has spring sprung in your little corner of the world? Other than the calendar how would I know? What's your favorite thing about spring?

Yes, spring has definitely sprung and all is right with my world... today's temps will be in the 70's and  even the daffodils are fading and the tulips are budding!!!

My favorite thing about spring? I have to agree with Joyce. I love the longer days, and having the windows open.. I love birdsong!!! My favorite birdsong is found here.. I love their lonely sound when heard rather afar off... it floods my soul!!!

2. Besides the weather, what's put a spring in your step recently?

I get excited about new plantings and garden delights..I recently purchased as a new treat from Plow and Hearth...



I cant wait to get it up and going... possibly today!!!

3. How does Easter impact you?

I saw a quip on face book this morning that said Christmas was our promise... Easter is our proof... promise of what... the redemption of the world.. victory over sin and death... healing of our diseases...assurance of Christ's wonder working power on our behalf...because Christ's last word on the cross was "It is finished" What satan had been given in the garden,,, Christ had taken back... and even as sin seems to be taking over our world at an alarming rate... we in Christ have the power to overcome .. for whatever befalls us or we must endure,... Christ will either bring us through, lead us around it, or take us out of it...



4. I saw this somewhere on Face book and thought it would make a fun Hodgepodge question. Which of the following would you find most disappointing...

a just stuffed taco shell breaking open and spilling out when before you take the first bite? dropping a just-purchased Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts coffee? opening the peanut butter jar and finding it empty? upending a just-purchased ice cream cone?a burnt bagel popping up in your toaster when you're rushing breakfast? or cutting into an avocado and finding out it's rotten? 

I had that one about the upended ice cram happen to me when I was about 10 years old... I had earned a quarter for doing something and I was so excited to get to walk to our little community market to buy myself a Nutty Buddy..I can still remember with what relish I had gingerly opened the packaging not to disturb the thin shell of chocolate that coated the beautiful white ice cream. As I was just beginning the 2 block walk back home, a scary dog ran up to me and jumped up on me, giving me such a fright I dropped my ice cream in the gravels.. I will never forget how upset I was .. so upset I forget to be scared of the dog and just kicked it in my anguish...

5. What's something held together with tape at your house? Or a paper clip? Or a wing and a prayer?

I really hate to admit this one... but hubs just had to do this yesterday...our downstairs half bath is in dire need of a redo... especially the wallpaper needs to come off... well, it is trying its best to come off by itself... Hubs had to apply a slip of tape to the edge thankfully right behind the tank to reinforce the seam... Our problem is finding someone to the work in there... no one around here wants a smallish reno job! 

6. Do you feel under appreciated? In what way?

No, I have had a season of my life when due to my lack of confidence I felt rather unappreciated and unfulfilled, but it was more my own poor esteem and self concept than anything that was cast upon me by others... Praise God, he is the great Physician, I was healed from this infirmity!!!

7. What's something you'd build if you knew how?

Actually, Id have to decline to say anything..I have no desire to build anything.. I have plenty of things on my to do list that I need to contemplate first.. need I say... in my retirement.. I fear I have lost some ambition to make things.. or perhaps to rephrase that.. my life is just too full to have time to contemplate more projects..

8. Insert your own random thought here.

5 comments:

  1. I love the sound of birds chirping too. I like the quote from FB that you shared :) Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just out for a walk and saw some holly bushes loaded with berries. It reminded me that Easter is the bookend to Christmas. Happy Spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how much the birds chirp now that spring is here...they wake me up in the morning, in fact. Happy, Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and they must wear watches because our birds start in right at 7am... of course, right outside our window!!

      Delete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~