Monday, June 6, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


Today I am joining HHM



The weather outside is::::
bright, sunny, and  pretty warm...  high humidity!




On the breakfast plate this morning::::

We had a flat tire this morning so  as we were out " erranding"...we stopped in for  our favorite  breakfast at Famous A's. I love their  cooked to order eggs....  over medium for me!!
Found this online.. my egg looked much, much better than this one!!
And my first cup of coffee! 

As I look outside my window::
I enjoyed the song of our morning visitor!


Right now I am::::

Enjoying listening to Pandora... my Celtic station...

As I look around the house::::
I see the  changes  that have taken place upstairs in our master bedroom!
The wall paper on the accent wall facing the bed  has  been removed...  the walls prepped... the dark green is no more!!!
 Dear hubs worked really hard doing first of all the base coat
Then the final  coat of Behr,  Beach Foam.
It was  wonderful  to get this much done because sleeping in the  guest room  all barricaded  by  mattresses, box springs and furnishings from our room was   not  fun!  The natural latex  mattress  top  is a bugaboo to carry!   HAHAHAHA!

So even though  the  room is not finished,  we were  so pleased  to  be back in our  bed...  and  watching  Netflix  again...  old habits die hard!
 We are having some art work rematted  for over the bed, and I am  creating dome other  objects d'art for the room.
New window  treatments will be ordered!  YAYAYAYA!
More to come soon!

On today's to do list::::

Laundry....I have whites to do today!

Cleaning...mopping the kitchen

In the living room....  I need to Swiff the floors!
Currently reading::::


Brides O' the Emerald Isle: Of Legends and Love/A Legend of Peace/A Legend of Mercy/A Legend of Light (Heartsong Novella Collection) These entertwined stories are so rich in Irish history and geography... I got very excited  when I found it on the book shelf  because now that we have toured Ireland  it just brings the novellas to life for me!! Set in the Wicklow Mountains south of Dublin  the area is rich in ancient history... Great  historical  storytelling!
On the TV today::::
Netflix....  probably watch a bit of Foyle's War!
On the menu this week:::
This is a very lite week for eating....  cantaloupes,  peaches,  salads..  sounds great to me!!


What I am creating at the moment::::

decorative objects d'art for the bedroom like  these.. I have  a pair of these wall  decorations...  I  love the  color and the  fleur de lys patterning!
However,  less will be more   this time around.. I  truly wish to edit the room carefully.

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::


Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Recipe
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups apricot preserves
1 cup Russian dressing (I used Wishbone brand)
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
6 chicken breasts

Directions:
Mix together the preserves, dressing and soup mix. Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker; pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on High for 1 hour. Reduce heat to Low and continue cooking for 3-4 hours.

*Before serving, I cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. We served our chicken and extra sauce over rice.* 
(Recipe from Crockpot.com)

Favorite photo from the camera::

This precious screen  capture    of Doodle Bug  in her mother's arms.... At 5 months  she is  too adorable!!!

Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::
Redeemer_BlogPost.jpg
From Alistair Begg's blog.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty color in your bedroom. Apricot chicken sounds good. Might have to try it. Like to have lots of slow cooker recipes on hand. Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~