Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Simple Woman Daybook

For Today~ May 31, 2016


Outside my window~
it  was wonderful to return home  yesterday  evening  after  a  9 day   trip...   granted...  the  time spent with  our  children was  fabulous.. but the  4 days in route  is rather grueling!  Then this morning  when I stepped out into our garden..  I  was praising  God , He is so good...even if we aren't here to  care of our planting...   He is the master gardener!




 and our neighbor's  day lilies are  a blaze!

I am thinking~
how very blessed we are  in our  precious family...

We  had driven to Boston area  to spend a few days  while we  helped  the kids  pack up their household...  They are moving form the condo to a lovely home in  a  wonderful community near them...we are so excited because closing is this week..  and the move  to come shortly thereafter....  such an exciting time for their  beautiful family...  As busy as we were we took time on Sunday to  drive into  Boston  for church...therein lies  an integral part of God's blessing that  they a re  grounded in  His  Word and   dedicated to His Kingdom!
                          
I am thankful~
our  precious love bug
and beautiful  Birdie!! 
My favorite things~
I love listening to music  as I blog...  I   really  enjoy  Pandora.. I created  a  station of Celtic music  that truly inspires me...  right now I am listening to
Songs of Sanctuary..  Adiemus

I am wearing~
still in my pajamas...  yikes! 

I am creating~
a peaceful atmosphere in our master bedroom...
I need to return the  shears and  curtain rods I ordered from Penney's  and  place a call to the budget blind  rep in our area...  I want to order  Plantation shutters  for   the room  to block out the morning sun!

I am reading (read) /watching (watched) / listening to
{where you can share favorite titles, give a book review or pass along a current movie, podcast, music video, or television series you are enjoying}~
yesterday we stopped at the post office and  received our  mail packet...  and included was the book I ordered from James Robison's Ministries..  Jesus Speaks, by Steven Scott..



a review:

What Happens When You Immerse Your Life in the Words of Jesus?
“Jesus’ words can replace stress with peace, sadness with joy, confusion with guidance, and fear with faith. That’s why Jesus Speaks will not only change your day, but it can also change your life, your relationships, and your eternity!”
—Christine Caine, best-selling author of Undaunted

I am hoping~
to create a daily  journal habit  that will help to redirect my day  through  God's Word and  healthful habits.

I am learning~
to be more faithful

In my kitchen~
Hubs  got back into the groove this morning  and  fixed my  fresh cup of coffee and  yogurt cup.. that  sets  me on the right track!
Tonight for dinner  we will enjoy  crab cakes,  salad and  corn muffins!

In my garden
We returned home to find my day lilies  in bloom!!


Shared Quote~

A moment from my day~
The kids  took  us to a very cool restaurant to celebrate Father's Day, Island Creek Oyster Bar... on Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA. 


Hub's favorite seafood is fried oysters...
this was the place!

surely they could fry some up!
and they could into these  lovely sliders!!!

A very happy  Hubs with his  beautiful girls!


Closing Notes:
Well,  it seemed   I had put a lot of things on hold until after we returned from our Boston trip.. and now  we're  home,.   so  time to  prioritize and get  to work!

2 comments:

  1. great pics of our time together!!
    love you!
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful family and a beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~