Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wednesday Hodge Podge



1. Tell us about one fun thing on your June calendar.
We will finally be traveling to see
our daughter and her precious family... our only granddaughters age 5 months and  2 and a half..  We haven't  actually seen them except on face time since January!!

2. How careful are you in the sun? Do you tan or burn? Do you make it a point to see the dermatologist every year?
I have to be very careful in the sun... I will burn fairly easily so I use sunscreen,  and I have to see the dermatologist  at least once a year. My appt is this week actually.

 3. Describe a time when you wanted to 'throw in the towel'.
I  don't like to admit this  because it doesn't sound too good at all,  but  to be at one's  rope's end,,  isn't a good thing either... But last year I was on a particularly  tedious  church  committee..  I was co-chair of the  project end of the benevolent committee.  We have always done the Thanksgiving food baskets  the same way every year...  utilizing the  family Life center  to stage  the  putting the baskets together and  aligning them for pick up on the  special day.Last year even though I had  been working with the office  about  setting things up at the last minute  they  scheduled a party in there on the day before when we set up the baskets  so  that threw us for a loop..  we had much more work setting them up and transporting them all and setting them up early on pick up day. This included almost a 1000 pounds of turkeys and 60 5 pound bags of potatoes.Then when I arrived to start  the transport to the FLC  the  gal who teaches  exercises  was there   leading a class. Mind you it wasn't her day to be there.  and She refused to  stop and move.I just about went ballistic...  Even after I had to  call the  pastor  to have someone with  authority  speak to her... she still refused to move and we had to  work around her and her class.  I  was so glad  that was my last year to serve and ..huh.. I'm, still not sure I will  sign up for that  committee again!  


4. What's a song you love that has a day of the week in the title or lyrics? 
Joye our host has already picked my favorite.... Sunday Morning and Saturday, in the Park...  but let's see... hmmmm...
Monday,Monday by the Mamas and the Papas


5. Are you a fan of berries? Which one's your favorite? What's the most recent berry dish you've eaten? Which blueberry breakfast food appeals to you most-blueberry pancakes, blueberry yogurt, or a blueberry muffin?  I just had  blueberries and strawberries with granola in my Greek yogurt this morning.. Hubs fixes it for us everyday!  I love blueberries,   we like to  cook they down and make a syrup for  pancakes and ice cream. I also love them in salads.

6. What's something you want to do before your next birthday?
Well, my birthday is coming up in about a month,  so I suppose it is to get to see   the home that our kids just bought but haven't signed on yet.  They will close on it  after we leave  when we see them  this month,  but  perhaps  we can get in  during a  carpet measure  trip or something..  I am  very excited to see their new home!


7. June 1st is National Say Something Nice Day, so let's all say something nice here. 
I will be seeing church friends today.  I must remember to Be extra  nice today  although I'm always extra nice.. at least in church!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Is it just us, or do others  have a household disaster zone   at home when doing a reno project.. I mean we are just painting the bedroom... BUT!  some of the stuff is piled in the kids room...  there is our lovely new box spring  propped up  in the doorway...
 The foam rubber  section  is  laying in the guest room where we slept last night...  interesting.. now I know what  daughter means about  "wow,  this room is too bright in the morning!!!"
Then we have the project room..  Now for daughter's  information I did


  • remove the wallpaper from the accent wall
  • use the swiffer to wash down the walls (that works great, byw)
  •  and remove the  hardware from the receptacles
 Of course,  to cover that  dark green we are going to have to  do two coats
Lynn said, "You know we will be waking up to a much brighter room, too!"
Yikes!
I am liking the blue though...  I am determined that nothing returns to this room unless it was preplanned  to accent  and  decorate!!

 Until then, poor hubs! Well, he knew when he married me I wasnt a painter...  well, I am an oil painter on canvas,,   but cleaning up my  drips on the floor makes for  a grumpy  hubby!!


4 comments:

  1. enjoy your visit with your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new room color is nice and bright. I also liked the yellow you had in the one bedroom. May be bright but at least it looks like a "happy" room. I like lighter colors and accent with the darker ones.... Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new color. We're building a house, and I'm growing weary of the construction site. So ready to move in!! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyce... I have always loved light blue, white, and silver etc... It is about time I did the bedroom from top to bottom in what I love... We have been chair shopping I think we can buy one for less than the wear and tear of picking out fabric and finding an upholsterer and paying to get it redone...found one yesterday.. hope it is the one.. I have to wait for Hubs to say.. 'That's it!" hehehehe.

      Delete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~