Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Wednesday Hodge Podge

Click the icon  to return to Joyce's page!

1. If you could sit beside and/or jump in any lake in the whole wide world today, which lake would you choose and where?
Any of the  beautiful  Loughs of Killarney!

which includes one of my favorite Irish  locations .. the Gap of Dunloe

I  adore this  scene from the  entry to Muckross House

Image result for muckross house


2. What's your favorite 'fruity' drink?


TEA BERRY SLUSH 

Boiling water
4  tea bags
1 to 1 1/2 c. frozen dry-pack strawberries or raspberries
1/2 (6 oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate (about 1/3 c.)
Ice cubes


Brew tea as directed using 2 cups of water; chill. In blender, combine tea, strawberries, and lemonade concentrate. Process until smooth. With blender running, gradually add about 1 cup ice cubes, processing until ice is melted. Garnish with fresh fruit. Serve immediately. Serves 4.





3. I read a list here of thirteen things to do right now to simplify your life. They were-



clean as you go, re-evaluate your relationships (cut toxic ties), unsubscribe (too many blogs and websites), declutter, write down your daily goals, reply to emails right away, forget multitasking, create a morning routine, re-evaluate your commitments (which hobbies and responsibilities are most important to you), say no, clean up your computer, and plan your day ahead


Which of the tasks listed do you currently find most helpful in keeping life simple? Which item on the list should you adopt in order to simplify your life this month? 

De cluttering and  ridding  the home of  "stuff"  is an ongoing task at our house and it  goes a long way in making  life  much more pleasant...  I used to keep a  journal  but have gotten out of that habit.. I think it would probably be a very good   way to  refocus  the day,,


4. What did you do the summer after you graduated from high school?
Right after school was out my girl friend along with my parents  went to  Virginia Beach  for a week (1968)...  it was a  great  time for us because we girls had the freedom of  being adults on our own during the day and  early evening.  but the  confidence in knowing our parents were right there if we needed them... We had  a great, fun, and exciting time  being with other  summer break  revelers...  I then went home and worked the rest of the summer in a department store making money to see me through first quarter of college.

5. Are you a fan of podcasts? If so what's a favorite?

I enjoy podcasts of various  ministries...  particularly  Alistair Begg's  Truth for Life and  Jentezen Franklin  of Free Chapel  in Gainesville, Georgia.



6. Do you think today's fathers have it harder, easier, or just different than fathers in the past?
I have to agree with  our host's  answer,,,
"Not harder or easier, just different. Every generation has it's challenges, expectations, and disappointments when it comes to parenting and I don't think that's any less true for today's fathers. "
It is only by God's grace  that parents  have the confidence  needed to  raise   their children  to  their full potential.

7. Tell us one way you're like your father? Or not at all like your father if that's easier?

I am much like  my paternal side of the family...  shaped just like my granny!   Oh, me!...  I   inherited their  double chins  and  
I think their point of view...  both politically and in relationships. My dad was very easy going.. a peacemaker and  very unassuming.. I think I am  much like that!


2 comments:

  1. Loved the picture Schotzy and the drink sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~