Monday, January 30, 2017

The Simple Woman's Day Book


For Today..January 30, 2017
Outside my window... 
We got a  very slight skiff of snow last night  and it is  very  cold out this morning!!!  The kids who attend across the street   got a 2 hour late schedule today...  I used to love those days...


I am thinking... 
I am so glad it is  a no go day for me  and I can live in my jams today!!! The rest of the week will be busy as  all get out so I will revel in today!!!


I am thankful...
for the Holy Spirit  alive and active in me...  I don't  have a clue how  unregenerate non-Christian people can stand  life today... in this uncertain world filled with  divisiveness and  hate...  praise God  His Spirit  is available  for all who  seek Him, repent and   ask Him into their heart!!

I am wearing...
my cozy  flannel PJ's.


I am creating...
I, instead, will be working on studying up for leading my small group tomorrow...

I am wondering..

when this week  we will  do face time with our girls...  they are  always on my mind!!!
"Now,  Love Bug,  when you  twirl in a tutu, be sure  you  are  graceful, even your arms!"


I am reading:: 
Finished Genesis and Job...



Book of Judges for Sunday School


One Year Devotional, Walk with God 

A Thorn in my Heart, by Liz Curtis Higgs



Finding I AM  by Lysa Terqeurst

I am listening....
unfortunately, Hubs is in here with me and he has Glenn Beck on the radio.... I need ear plugs! I am just tired of the rhetoric!! But to be fair Hubs did bring me my coffee and my yogurt... He is wonderful that way!!!


I am learning...

to try to hold loosely to things of this earth

I am hoping... 
Now it isn't really my fault... Hubs is working on redoing his office, and all of this furniture in in the guest room where my scarf drawer and sock drawer are located and I cant get to it yet... But I am hoping that this week I get 

to tackle my lingerie, scarf, and sock chest today and clear up at least one whole drawer by ridding myself of enough socks and scarves to combine them. This is the third week I have written about this hope..... but truly.. not my fault!

In my garden... 
the ground is frozen and    not looking great...

In my kitchen...
I have the most lovely  left overs.. stew  from Friday  that I hope Hubs will finish off  and  I have  my delectable copy cat  Panera broccoli cheese soup from Saturday... I love that recipe  so easy and  really  cooks up fast....

A favorite quote/scripture for today..



One of my favorite things...
home shopping.. you know the kind where  you  shop  from one room for another...  it  really saves on  the pocketbook...
like this nest and  birds from the bedroom upstairs  brings a bit of spring into the dining room
and  this  fragrant candle  I got for my birthday last summer  had always been in the living room  but again its verdant color  accents my  spring theme in the dining room.

 From the dining room these   pewter cups with their  bright shine  lighten up  that  drab bookcase in the parlor...
 and I just cant  pack my carolers away..  can't they move to the parlor and  just  sing joyously  through the  quiet   days of winter... I think so,  so they moved  from the dining room  vignette...  

Board Room
I have my own board  for  home office in small spaces... for ideas...
Custom crafted wooden home office area with glass shelves:
 but, no we wont have all these   built in  but aren't they great!!!


When  we bought our home  28 years ago   we were  busy  with our baby girl and I was also  teaching school..  plus, we had  a lot to do  to this fixer upper  so when hubs  decided to  create  a home office in the small  unheated  attic room built into the dormers around the  fireplace flue   he  just settled it and made it work..  and over time every bit of space in there  became  overcrowded with  odds and ends...  a couple of file cabinets,   a  large bookcase,,,  2 desks plus a computer  cabinet...  it  was  a mad house in there.  Now this was  a rather ugly little space to begin with and  hasn't been updated  at all..  I mean the wall paper  was  OLD!!!  and  there were  serious cracks   in the walls!
When he started moving stuff out of there  it  was  places haphazardly around upstairs..  full drawers here..  files there, computer  cabinet  dragged down the steps  and is now sitting in the living room waiting to be taken to the good will...  what a mess...  At first,  then  after getting the smaller items out..  he  moved the larger items around the room so he could  get that  wallpaper off and the walls prepped.



Thankfully, today he is putting the    finish coat of paint on the walls and   soon will be  painting the woodwork... Saturday he and I shopped at Michael's  who was having a 50% off sale on  baskets and we  purchased several of these for storing items on the  bookcase.. 
Now  the second desk in the room was  one I inherited from  my  grandparents...  and I had  access to all those  drawers  but  a lot of it was  paperwork for  care of my parents as their executrix...  But I did have  a couple of drawers of lovely  stationary  and  various  greeting cards.. you know the scads of them you receive in the mail...  but never use..plus, the  long drawer was  full of  all kinds of goodies.  I cleaned it out and  have  a box of fun stickers, notepads and  stampers  to send to my  granddaughter and I have taken 2 baskets to organize  office "stuff" and  cards  for my own use...  We are determined to  have a room that we wont have to close the door to every time family comes to visit!!!  I'll post photos  once it is all finished...  but it will take a  while because we are  ordering shutters from Budget blinds!   YAYAYAYAYAYA


A Moment in my day.....
after I finish this post I will be  taking  our new Bible Study book and I will begin  reading and  gathering my thoughts..  I bought a  fresh new journal  to use  and I am excited to be sitting in His presence  this morning!!!
Finding I AM Member Book




Postscript


I know not why God’s wondrous grace
To me He hath made known,
Nor why, unworthy, Christ in love
Redeemed me for His own.
Refrain:
But “I know Whom I have believed,
And am persuaded that He is able
To keep that which I’ve committed
Unto Him against that day.”
I know not how this saving faith
To me He did impart,
Nor how believing in His Word
Wrought peace within my heart.
I know not how the Spirit moves,
Convincing men of sin,
Revealing Jesus through the Word,
Creating faith in Him.
I know not what of good or ill
May be reserved for me,
Of weary ways or golden days,
Before His face I see.
I know not when my Lord may come,
At night or noonday fair,
Nor if I walk the vale with Him,
Or meet Him in the air.

3 comments:

  1. An attic office!! How cozy!! Organizing my scarf, tights, and tank top drawers is on my list to do--once again! Let's get this done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks so much for the visit... Yes, I fully intend to get some organization done... The pile of stuff to take to Goodwill or Salvation Army is growing believe me.. anxious to get it all out of here!!!!

      Delete
  2. Your home is so lovely, even if it is under construction. You must give us all a 'tour' when it is all done.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~