Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! Can you believe it's the middle of January? I can't... time is flyin'! Click the icon to return to J0yce's page!
1. ASAP typically stands for 'as soon as possible'. What else could it stand for in your life right now?
Anchored Securely and Peaceful
2. Are you the last person to speak up in a group or the first to have an idea? Why do you suppose that is? Is it a good thing or no?
I tend to lead out with ideas... I don't know if it is the teacher in me or what... but sometimes I get so excited to share a point I have to physical hold my hand over my mouth to keep myself from butting in... Well, with my best friends.... as we meet regularly to plan community prayer events across denominations, and I am one of the more vocal of the group.. we all have our own best giftings... and some a re more quiet.. I often am asked to lead small group Bible studies because I enjoy talking about spiritual things.I think that is good because some groups can be very non vocal and I do like to draw others into conversation.
3. What do you remember best about being 12?
I remember I felt gawky and was super introverted. I hated my cat glasses!
4. January 18th is National Winnie the Pooh Day. Which character do you relate to the most, and why? If you're stumped go here for inspiration.
I, like our hostess, love Eyeore... I love his solemnity and down trodden point of view... not because I associate with it, but I do believe that my empathy for Eyeore taught me about compassion for others. I find I have often felt drawn to that type person to show attention and concern for.
5. What's an app you use that helps simplify or make life easier for you in some way?
I have to have music in my life... I mean almost every waking moment... and it is so great not to have to buy cd's when I love an artist and especially becasue our area is all country music radio stations, I have to say it would be Pandora!!!!
6. San Francisco (CA), San Diego (CA), San Juan (PR) San Antonio (TX) Sanibel (FL)...you have an all expenses paid long weekend to one of these destinations. Which one do you choose and why?
Well, none of these really float my boat... I'll save that money and apply it to an Alaskan cruise.
7. Share with us a song that makes you feel nostalgic? For what?
The first one I think of is Merry Christmas, Darling. It came out the year I was a senior in college and my fiance' was serving in the military overseas, I was so lonesome for him.. and I would be lying in my dorm room crying every time they played the song.. I still tear up each time I hear it!