Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Super Hodge Podge




1. What's the last thing you did that someone else thought was super? Not that  I did  such a great thing...   but I believe this counts..  This morning I led a small group in the  Finding I AM  Bible Study,  and  I  truly believe that as leader  I must  not be afraid to be pretty transparent  about my struggles and my failings  and how God redeems  my live  .. I find it opens  discussion and others  feel the freedom to share  and  to  know  they  aren't  feeling alone in  the struggles common to us.. We had  a marvelous  discussion today and  I had many    comments of blessing  on  teaching  that way because  self examination and  realizing  we  all share the same  spiritual attacks and  how to be over comers  is  so important in applying the Word of God.


2. The last thing you ate that tasted superb?Well,  in another  act of  confession.. I haven't eaten one of these   in years,,,  but Hubs  brought us  some  and I  have eaten two in the last several days...  so  bad of me...  but soooooooooooooo  delicious..
Image result for krispy kreme kreme filled donut
Golly, that   with a  half glass of  cold milk  was  superb to me!!! And, yes, I  did  keep a close watch on my blood sugar!

3. Super sensitive, superstitious, superwoman, superambitious, supercilious, supervisor, superficial...pick a super word from the list and tell us how it relates to your life in some way recently or currently. 
I  can become pretty  super-sensitive to  my husband's   barbs he sometimes  passes  on me...  "Oh, I just wanted to see what you'd say"  Those  things  don't make me too happy.. and  I find I  can  cry pretty easily...  when  he'll  say, oh I wasn't trying to be  mean..  I was playing with you...  Eh,  not a good thing to do ...  after   50 years of knowing me  wouldn't he know me by now!!!!

4. Do you love easily? If you're comfortable doing so, explain why you think that is. 
I do love easily or at least try to... I  could very easily  smother family with love so I try to hold back...Then  when I met   a special  older woman who became my mentor and  spiritual mom  I really  learned to love others  like at church and  just  people you meet... at least to show love...  in the  act of demonstrating Christ  wherever I go.. Her outward love was  such a strong example to me and it  was  a healing  kind of love  that  reached right into  you and made you suddenly feel whole and complete.. as  if a  spiritual transfer of God's healing touch passed  between us..That is  what I  want to  have  in my life!

5. Valentine's Day lands on a Tuesday this year. Will you mark the day in some way? If you're celebrating with a dinner out somewhere will it be on Tuesday or will you celebrate over the weekend? 
I  am excited because if all works out well with the guests.. I still have a couple to  check with... one of my make up  dinners from the holidays will be on Valentine's evening... A Tribute to   Valerie's  Home Cooking.. A Love Fest of  Italian  Cuisine!  I  am really looking forward to it!!!
Valerie Bertinelli's Top RecipesClassic PanzanellaProsciutto Bruschetta
Cream Cheese Crab Spread with Homemade CrostiniPasta e FagioliButterscotch Love Cake

6. What's something you are loving right now? 
I am really loving  the new PBS  series, Victoria...  They really know how to do period  performance..
Image result for victoria bbcImage result for victoria bbc

7 Write a three word (or less) phrase you'd like to see on a Valentine candy heart. 

U R The One

8. Insert your own random thought here.Gosh, if Im really having guests here on next Tuesday, I do have somethings to do..  the sunroom for one  needs  a  redo..  Too many remnants of  Christmas  linger there... time to  love it up around here.. hehehehe!!


5 comments:

  1. Another vote for Victoria! I'd leave a longer comment but I'm off to Krispy Kreme - lol, just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stopping by from the Hodgepodge to say "hello". I've been enjoying the show Victoria, too. Very well done!
    I hope your Valentine's Day dinner goes well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seriously craving a donut right now : ) I'm having some friends over in a couple of weeks for an Italian feast. What all are you serving at yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That menu for Valentine's day looks amazing. Hope it all works out with your guests. We are enjoying Victoria also. Your spiritual mom sounds like a gem for sure! Have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog page was listed next to mine on Joyce Daley's Hodgepodge Links List so I popped in for a visit. I loved your answer to #1. As Christians it's important to share our struggles and our victories with other Christians, a kind of bearing each other's burdens. A cream filled doughnut and a cold glass of milk are wonderful. I enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~