Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine Hodge Podge

Happy Valentine's Day!!


Click the icon to return to Joyce's page...

1. What do/did you call your grandparents? If it's something unusual tell us the story behind the name. If you're a grandparent what do your grands call you? Who chose your moniker?
My maternal  grandmother  was  always  Grandma, and  he was  Grandpa... They were very hard working dairy farmers  and  it  was  the  respectable  moniker for them.. on dad's side,  we all called her Granny...  She  just was  the sweetest Granny....  somehow it just suited them both.
Now I  really  wanted  my grands to call me Grand MAMA  like  on Downton Abbey,  but I prefaced that they must  say  it an English accent,,  but  when it came right down to it...  we both couldn't wait to  hear them  call us  anything,,,  we are GaaGaa and BaaBaa  and  love it!!!

2. Ever taken a road trip along the California Coast? If so what was the highlight of your trek? If not, any desire to do so? If you were to take a trip along the California Coast what's one attraction you'd have on your must-see list?
Well,  first of all I would demand a very  safe,  careful driver to  drive us south along the Pacific coast road...  and my main stopover would be the Redwood Forest..  then I would have to  take a sleeping pill and pass out to go across the Golden Gate although  I really  have little interest in   California...  perhaps the Napa Valley..  I much prefer the  slower  easier pace of  where I live..

3. What are three things you don't know how to do?
Wow, just 3???
Knit well, do watercolors,,,  love oils,  but can't water color at all..quilt...  I   so appreciate ladies who do...  and  am in  awe of the  stick-to it.ness of it all...I am a great  started and poor finisher!

4. Tom Peters is quoted as saying, 'Celebrate what you want to see more of.' If that's true what will you celebrate and more importantly, how will you celebrate?
We were just speaking of  how Christians  need to celebrate in their faith more than they do... like the  Israelites did during their festival days..  I would love to see the church  worship in spirit and truth  Celebrating the Good News of Jesus Christ and what He  has and does  do for us!!!

5. Thursday (February 16) is National Almond Day. Do you like almonds? Which would you prefer-an Almond Joy or a macaron? What's something you make that calls for almonds?
I  am  much more a cashew gal.. too bad  there is no Cashew Day...  or  Pecan Day...  But I would like  a macaron...  wish I could make them....  I bought the  patterned  silpat to  use,,  but I'm  a bit  intimidated.. even when I watch the kid's baking show and they  are fearlessly making them.. I am in  awe of them sometimes!!

6. What does Saturday morning look like at your house?
Like every other day...except Sunday...  

7. Share with us a favorite book you've read this winter.
Rose Harbor (5 Book Series) by  Debbie Macomber
The 5 book series... I found my self rushing around  frantically  trying to find the next in the series...  Thankfully, my church library had  a couple but I did end up  purchasing the last one  in hardback   because I couldn't wait for the paperback to  be published!!!!!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well, now I'm off to  set the table  and  get things  ready for my  Valentine  Dinner party tonight.. entitled  
An Italian Love Fest.. 
I've shared the menu and  recipes previously  and will share the  final  table scape   on Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Schotzy! Love GaaGaa and BaaBaa, too sweet. I also liked your answer to #4. I'm right with you on #6. Right now Sunday is the only day that is standard around here. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to visit the Redwood Forest, too! Hope your Italian Love Feast was a success!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~