Happy Valentine's Day!!
Click the icon to return to Joyce's page...
1. What do/did you call your grandparents? If it's something unusual tell us the story behind the name. If you're a grandparent what do your grands call you? Who chose your moniker?
My maternal grandmother was always Grandma, and he was Grandpa... They were very hard working dairy farmers and it was the respectable moniker for them.. on dad's side, we all called her Granny... She just was the sweetest Granny.... somehow it just suited them both.
Now I really wanted my grands to call me Grand MAMA like on Downton Abbey, but I prefaced that they must say it an English accent,, but when it came right down to it... we both couldn't wait to hear them call us anything,,, we are GaaGaa and BaaBaa and love it!!!
2. Ever taken a road trip along the California Coast? If so what was the highlight of your trek? If not, any desire to do so? If you were to take a trip along the California Coast what's one attraction you'd have on your must-see list?
Well, first of all I would demand a very safe, careful driver to drive us south along the Pacific coast road... and my main stopover would be the Redwood Forest.. then I would have to take a sleeping pill and pass out to go across the Golden Gate although I really have little interest in California... perhaps the Napa Valley.. I much prefer the slower easier pace of where I live..
3. What are three things you don't know how to do?
Wow, just 3???
Knit well, do watercolors,,, love oils, but can't water color at all..quilt... I so appreciate ladies who do... and am in awe of the stick-to it.ness of it all...I am a great started and poor finisher!
4. Tom Peters is quoted as saying, 'Celebrate what you want to see more of.' If that's true what will you celebrate and more importantly, how will you celebrate?
We were just speaking of how Christians need to celebrate in their faith more than they do... like the Israelites did during their festival days.. I would love to see the church worship in spirit and truth Celebrating the Good News of Jesus Christ and what He has and does do for us!!!
5. Thursday (February 16) is National Almond Day. Do you like almonds? Which would you prefer-an Almond Joy or a macaron? What's something you make that calls for almonds?
I am much more a cashew gal.. too bad there is no Cashew Day... or Pecan Day... But I would like a macaron... wish I could make them.... I bought the patterned silpat to use,, but I'm a bit intimidated.. even when I watch the kid's baking show and they are fearlessly making them.. I am in awe of them sometimes!!
6. What does Saturday morning look like at your house?
Like every other day...except Sunday...
7. Share with us a favorite book you've read this winter.
The 5 book series... I found my self rushing around frantically trying to find the next in the series... Thankfully, my church library had a couple but I did end up purchasing the last one in hardback because I couldn't wait for the paperback to be published!!!!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well, now I'm off to set the table and get things ready for my Valentine Dinner party tonight.. entitled
An Italian Love Fest..
I've shared the menu and recipes previously and will share the final table scape on Thursday!