Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Wednesday Hodge Podge

Click the icon to return to Joyce's page.
1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Has your April been filled with showers? Do you carry an umbrella, wear a slicker, or make a run for it? Besides rain, what else has filled your April? We have just had a  very  shower=y  weekend..  receiving 5 inches of rain..and everything is   extremely green and   growing.. and  drenched..  But  the pollen is  extreme this spring as well.  so my allergies a re completely haywire...  having a sinus  cat/scan next week!!

2. What's something you could you give a 30-minute presentation on at a moment's notice and with zero preparation?
I used to be asked often, not so much anymore..  but   the process of our foreign adoption  and  what to expect....  today, it would probably be   the power of the Holy Spirit  available within us  but so  seldom  called upon.

3. Share with us a favorite food memory from childhood.
This  just popped into my mind  and it  will probably sound terrible...  but  I vividly remember the first time I ever  tasted  a  Frito  with french onion dip.  We were at  an adult party  where my parents  were playing canasta  and I was in the parlor watching TV.  The hostess  brought me  a small dish of chips and dip and  I couldn't believe my taste buds.. it was undoubtedly the coolest thing I'd ever tasted.  My mom  was  an awesome cook,  but  we never  had snacks like that at home.  I remember   trying so hard  to   not eat  too much of  it..  just a  very few.  but I struggled with desiring to gobble the  entire  lot of it!!! 

4. What's a song you thought you knew the lyrics to, but later discovered you were wrong?
HAHAHAHA!  So embarrassing..  At Christmas  while teaching 4th grade  we  did  a  creative,  dramatic  program on  The Nutcracker  to present to our parents and  as I had lived in Germany  for a year prior to  beginning my teaching  a national there had taught me to sing O Tannenbaum in  German.. so  I taught it to my students and  during one of our programs  I asked the parents  to song along with us in English,  as well.  I thought for sure I could sing it in  English!   But alas,  it wasn't to be  and  well thankfully the audience just  laughed with me   because no one knew  it!!!  Who knew???  No one!  HAHAAHAH

5. According to one travel website, the most overrated tourist attractions in America are-
Niagara Falls (NY), Hollywood Walk of Fame (California), Times Square (NYC), Epcot (FL), Seattle Space Needle (WA), and Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market (Boston). How many of these have you seen in person? Did you feel like a tourist? Did you care? Tell us about a place (not on the list) you've visited that might be considered a tourist trap, but you love it anyway.
I've been to Epcot and Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market in Boston.  I didn't  feel anything  except  joy to be seeing  it...  I never  feel touristy  even  when we went to Ireland.
I think I would add Williamsburg, Va to the list.... not only  very historical   but  such a  beautiful place and  such marvelous shopping.

6. Your signature clothing item?
I do like to  purchase  clothing form Kohl's   good quality and  great price.  But I am not a clothing horse.  Just  want things that  fit well, and  look respectable. I would  define  my style as  classic,  2 piece.   Fru-fru   styles..... and  latex.... I   detest.

7. What's an experience you've had you think everyone should experience at least once? Why?
I love rail travel.  the  slower pace,   the   peace of the quiet car... watching    the country  go by out the window.. maybe striking up  delightful conversation with  other  travelers..  so it takes 12 hours  to  take Amtrak to  Boston from here..  the same  as driving....  but  it is  so nice to arrive  rested and relaxed.

8. My random thought...
As I type this  a White House press conference is on  in the other room and I must say  those  reporter questions drive me  bananas. 
Why not  ask their questions  to the stonewalls  that are keeping  anything  from getting done in Congress.  I personally think  the President is doing a fair job... I  think much better than   our  previous 8 years, and there  are  reasons out of his control why  he didn't  get all he wanted to get done in his first 100 days.  I mean the whole world is  spinning out of control and reporters are so nit picky on    things  to  rub in the president's face. I long for  the day  when  our  government leaders  care abut  the  nation and  stop  whining over their  personal goals.

2 comments:

  1. Schotzy, I've only been to Williamsburg once, but I'd love to go there again. It was so much more memorable than any trip to Disney or such places could be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AS a fourth grade teacher we studied Williamsburg over quite a period of time.. so much about it to bring out about Colonial American life.. I loved to tour there and purchase books and colonial reproductions.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~