Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Wednesday Hodge Podge




To return to Joyce's page click here!

1. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.

 I think it is...  the first one I could think of that I have taken was this one...The western coastline of Ireland is riddled with these amazing peninsulas and bays that capture the imagination and steal your heart!

No automatic alt text available.

Above is just one sentence  of 21 words  that I posted on facebook   2 years ago following our trip to Ireland, that doesnt even begin to describe this  scene  of the Great  Wild Atlantic Way of Ireland taken as we  crossed over the rise   on the Ring of Kerry  drive... and the coast comes into view..


2. Have you ever driven any part of the Pacific Coast Highway? If so what was your favorite stop? If not, is this sort of trip on your bucket list?  There isn't much out west that really  registers  a  greatly positive response from me..except the Pacific  coast drive and the red wood forest..  I suppose it has to  do with  how  I was so  moved by it all   when I saw   the film Foul Play  as Goldie Hawn  was driving   from points north  to  San Francisco.


3. How do the changing seasons affect you? As the seasons change do you find yourself looking more forward or backward? Which season-season transition bothers you most? Why do you suppose that is?   I  always look forward...like right now.. I can't wait for cool  football/ sweater/  fireplace weather...  We have had a taste of it,  but, alas, summer is returning here  for a few weeks yet.  As you may guess,  now that I'm retired  from teaching I find that summer  isn't my favorite season.. the heat and humidity  are not my friends..  so  I  have  somewhat of  a  dread  as  we  move from the lush beauty of  a May  day   to the arid  crackly grass and  the summer heat...  but here is my heart!
Related image
4. It's your birthday and you get to pick the dinner menu. What are we having? Do you ever lie about your age?  I never lie about my age...  it is just a number ... I am told...  heheh  but at 67  that is getting pretty close to 70!  yikes!!!  My birthday   dinner 
would  be  possibly dinner out at Carrabas...  I love their Veal Marsala..

Image result for carrabba's restaurant bread dipping sauce
Image result for carrabba's restaurant veal marsala
Image result for carrabba's restaurant dessert
Limo'ncello bread pudding.  yum!

5. What's a life lesson you've learned recently?
I am really  working on  trying to take every  thought captive... This study  on  Think Differently  by James MacDonald is really  helping me  to  stay out of trouble  through the transforming of  my mind!

6. Insert your own random thought here.
Well, I did  have my  dermatologist  appointment yesterday to check a spot on the tip of my nose and  she  suspected a Basel cell carcinoma... so,  she took a biopsy...  today I have  just  a  faint  slim  spot on my nose  where the  cells were  shaved off  to check.  I should  perhaps  get the report back by Friday, and  then will know  if I will need Mohs surgery  where they gradually remove  one layer  of skin at a time  to  check margins as they  attend to the cancer cells..  I am so praying that  they do not have to  go to deeply..  years  I mean  25 years ago I had a similar  spot  and they just burned  it off....... alas,  the technology today    means  much more  complicated  procedures...  I know I should be  happy  that  they c an  help me and  I shouldn't  be so vain...  Just some more thoughts I need to take captive!!!  If you think of it later,  please pray for me.. my hubs had this done  a few years ago and  it was a bit disfiguring  but it was  high up on his forehead and  his hair covers the spot.

2 comments:

  1. I think I may go looking for a limoncello bread pudding recipe. I have made limoncello gelato and still have the liquor in my fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/valerie-bertinelli/challah-bread-pudding-with-limoncello-3250994
    This one looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~