Friday, July 5, 2019

What is Holding you Back from God

That is exactly  what I asked a cousin of mine  who  to my knowledge still refuses to seek God..she has  several degrees that she worked very hard for    under  difficult circumstances..   She worked  several jobs without a car   while getting her degrees from UVA and Duke.   She is a brilliant business woman  who travels  worldwide,  in  circles of the rich and famous.   It isn't unusual to see her  in Milan or  cruising around the Turks and Caicos Islands.  She lives  a footloose and care free life style  on a  South Carolina Beach and  parties often with other  people  from her  exclusive, gated community.  And sometimes she calls me...  still cousinly and loving  each other,,  but I do ask her  about  what  she expects out of life, and the end of life,  she  knows  I am a Christian..  This is her answer,  "Oh, I'm OK,,  I understand you need that  crutch, that's  alright for you,  but I don't need it..  I  make out just fine! "
So I wonder.. what does she mean..  ''My crutch?? Is it something I lean on  in a troubled world.  I know I'm not as smart as she is...  I'm certainly not as well healed as she is.   I can say I am about 10 years older than she is    and  I'll be 69 on Monday... these 10 years flew by. I know something I do have that she does not..  I have hope,  assurance, faith, freedom from fear of the here after, real joy  based on something inside of me,  not  some  artificial  something I seek after  day after day..  You see  I found the perfect  filler for my void...

I have heard pastors  say, and in essence this is true..  every human being is born with  a vacuum, or hole ..  some call it a God -shaped hole,  that yearns to be filled.. So  once  we reach the age of accountability  and  we are on our own,  we  unconsciously   seek  that  perfect  thing that will  fill that  ravenous, ever seeking  vacuum.. 
Image result for choices
Now, if you know  anything    about the world,  there is  a god of this world, satan is his name, and his primary purpose is to  entrap as many unsuspecting  humans as he can.  He  definitely  does not want  anyone to  find the perfect  filler....  so the world  continues to offer  things that are  contrary to God..drugs, alcohol, sex, perversion, pornography, for others it is  pride,  greed, power, self sufficiency, and self seeking gratification.  You could probably name  other  distractions the world uses to  keep us  from  seeking  God,, but  little do  people understand  that whatever  is used to fill that  deep desire within becomes  a  god to them.  It is idolatry. .. for example, video games  and computers  can be  idols, because they steal  a person's time  that  God had  planned for  us to spend   with HIM .
 The God of the Universe  hates idolatry ,, He is a jealous God..  After all, He created us,  He loves us with an everlasting love and He  is worthy of  our whole heart and adoration.  When  we choose these other  much baser,  ungodly, or selfish  life styles  instead of seeking HIM,  then we are  actually falling right in line with the god of this world, God's adversary, the devil,  and his scheme to prevent us from choosing what God wants for us.

You see  there are only two choices..   One that  leads you to God, and one that  leads you astray and away from  God.  Perhaps you do not understand why you exist in the first place..   King David was inspired  by the Holy Spirit  when he wrote " "I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me." in Psalms 57:2.  This is key in understanding God's purpose for your life. God has numbered your days and will fulfill every purpose He has for you".  He purposes for every one whom He has created to  worship HIM alone.   To worship and glorify HIM.  Thereto, He sets  our  path   before us   to accomplish what He has planned for us!  When people chose their own way  they are  out of the Will of God   and unfortuantaely,  out from the  covering He had planned to hedge around His own..

GOd's own Spirit will reach out to  every human  and  draw them  at some time in their lives..  He offers every one of us  opportunities to  choose HIM,    and be saved  from our sins  and  come into communion with HIM..  But after a time , he will  give people over to their  sin nature, and  if they refuse to choose to  come to him,   over time their heart will be hardened .  If you  are   not a child of God's    and  have  read  this post,  don't you think it might be time to  examine your heart.. If you  have even an inkling of a sense that  you  need   to turn to  your Maker,  do not hesitate..  that is GOd's Spirit quickening you,  God is a gentleman,  He  never forces Himself on anyone,,  It pleases HIM for us to come to HIM  out of our desire   and need for HIM.

 I am praying that someone will indeed  at this moment decide to turn to God and say, "Here I am, a sinner,  I have lived a life unto myself and not given you  much thought,  but   I am tired..  Life has been a disappointment to me..  I have tried to fill  that hole mentioned above with  all kinds of things that I thought would make me happy  or even deaden my pain,,    and it does for  a little time...  until it  becomes an addiction and takes over my life and consumes me.   I am so tired.  Life seems hard and unfulfilled.. I had dreams,  but they have all gone awry. Nothing satisfies.. so I give in, Lord,  I do believe that you are  who they say you are... You are the Son of God,  that  you, Jesus, did come to die for me... and,  that  you were crucified  and died and was buried and on the third day, you  arose from the dead.  You ascended into to  heaven  and sit at the  right hand of God, the Father.   Save me, Lord and  make me new.  Redeem me with your  life giving blood and  restore me, Father, and I  do repent from my wayward life..  Help me to  lay aside  my  sinful  ways and  turn to you, into your marvelous light! Lead me  into  the new paths you  have purposed for me  that  my days  will  reflect your goodness and  I can breathe free from the  shackles of sin that have   bound me  into  the shell of a person I have become. Thank you , Lord for your love and provision to   save my soul and   bring into your  fold,  In Jesus name, Amen

If you prayed that prayer, it would be  great if you   left me a comment  that I might pray  specifically for you.    I would recommend that you find a   church  where you can begin  your new life of wholeness in Christ  and fine  a group  of other believers with whom you  can  grow in the knowledge of  who  you  really are in the sight of our loving Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...