Thursday, January 25, 2024

Fridays Fave Five

Hosted by Suzanne.
Another week has simply flown by.  I do believe the earth is traveling faster than usual.. I actually had very little going on this week except both t days were rather hectic, but the other days were basically nothing going on. So I figured I would get something accomplished. I am ashamed to say I cannot think of a thing , of course I don’t have the greatest memory these days. As a matter of .I was dining with a dear friend today, a nurse by trade, who recommended Gaia’s product, called Lion’s Mane Mushroom.  I quote the write up..
 
  • Brain Support Supplement: Helps support the nervous system, mental performance, focus, and cognition 
  • Nootropic Mushroom Supplement: Organic lion's mane mushroom to help promote brain health 
  • Potent Support: With 100% mushroom extract, each capsule has 2,500mg of dried lion's mane mushroom 
  • Purity-Tested: Gaia Herbs Lion's Mane Mushroom is vegan, gluten-free & proudly made in NC, USA 
  • Our Story: Since 1987, our purpose has been to connect people, plants, and planet to create  
 She buys her’s from Amazon. And it has helped she and her husband very much , not immediately but by faithfully taking the supplement  their memory has quite improved.
No, I am not selling it or have any claim to it except, so many folks say their memory has been affected since covid, I am passing along an encouraging tidbit. I intend to purchase it tomorrow!

Well, apparently, I didn’t do much during the early week. We didn’t even go to church, it was so very cold, and it affects my arthritis so much so we enjoyed watching it tv. That really sounds like an over the hill pair, but let’s face it. We are!
I didn’t get to go to Bible Study yet again. I had my kidney Dr appt to address the huge stone on the other side. Thankfully, he is waiting a few months before treating and removing it. So I have a reprieve there, thank you, Lord!Lynn and .I got out to the market and got caught up on my pantry needs, then we were off  to my next appt. But he had had to cancel. No word yet on when I can see him again.  I pray it will be soon. Seeing my podiatrist regularly  is a joy and an essential part of my health regime.  I certainly pray he isn’t thinking of retiring. He certainly could, but we really like him so much! 

This brings me to Wednesday.  Yay, I slept in until 9. It was wonderful.  Usually I wake up super early and cannot go back to sleep. Then I am running on 2 cyclinders for the day. Midday, I went to my hairdressers and got a body perm. I haven’t had one in years, and forgot that in the beginning it can be quite curly.  Hah, I went to my dear friends home this morning for group prayer. When her dear  husband saw me wearing a tam on my head, he made light of it jokingly,  so .I jerked it off quickly and smiled at him. He said, “Quick, put it back on! It is actually beginning to look cute this afternoon. So .I decided to wait til tomorrow to wash out the solution.  It is rather fun to be amid folks and hear them sniffing in several directions wondering, what is that smell!  I just hei myself  around corner before they catch on it is me!so I have to say today has been a wonderful day.  Thank you, Lord , for precious prayer sisters with whom I meet twice a month to lift up our concerns .  We are blessed!

Tomorrow is a full day, too!  It begins going to Weight Watchers to weigh in and meet with our group!  So far  in 8 months I have lost 42 pounds. It may sound slow, but I think that is a healthy way to lose and I do not intend to gain it back.  I am down 5 sizes.  It is wonderful! Praise you, Father, for without your hand and guidance I wouldn’t be here rejoicing! 

Today I ,also, heard from my daughter who sent me photos of her oldest daughter who is just beginning band in upper elementary at her school. They had a concert and the pictures were so precious. I am so proud of her. The chorus, also, performed and so many of the students were acting silly .. I was watching a video. And our granddaughter just looked so lovely, following the teacher, singing so beautifully. I am so very proud of our daughter for raising two very mature, sweet, brilliant students who are both making a mark in their respective grade. Even as the world seems to be spinning out of control and people only seem to care more for themselves and their wants, I can only be proud of our girls who represent loveliness, respect, and graciousness even at they ages. Thank you Lord for sending your angels to watch over them, imparting grace and loveliness over them and keeping them safe!  So very much for which to be thankful!

4 comments:

  1. I have kidney stone troubles as well. Last year I had four different procedures to remove them from my ureta. The stent that they had to put in caused all kinds of troubles and I had pain and infections for months and months! Hopefully yours will get treated without too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the weight loss! I hope you're feeling better. Your grandchildren sound like lovely young ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I may consider researching and using the lion's mane mushroom supplement. Thanks for the tip.
    I'm glad your kidney stone issue can be put on hold.
    You have every reason to be proud of your granddaughters. They sound like very sweet girls.
    I hope your coming week has the best combination of busy and restful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we need a quiet week but you still seemed to be doing quite a few things. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...