Monday, December 4, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday



Let's join in with Sandra here.


Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
Praise the Lord for my sweet husband..he
 fixes my regular coffee with salted caramel creamer..  love it!!! He, also, makes my usual fruited  yogurt dish with oat  granola.
 Later in the morning  I usually  fix an egg dish  and we often forgo lunch!  Low carb  that way!  hehee

Right now I am::
This morning I am again making a list of  several  odd things that need to be done before the holidays, 

  • Using a  bit of spot remover on the  Christmas table runner..
  • Take several pairs of my slacks to the seamstress to be hemmed.
  • Get the candles in the windows and  the  wreaths up outside
  • Get started on the Christmas cards
The weather outside::::
it is  only 37  now,, but will  rise to the mid 50's. but  the  predicted  dip in temps  will  arrive mid week!  Brrrrrrr!!!

Looking around the house::::
I took this photo of the living room last night

I do love Christmas lights!!
On this week's to do list::::
Laundry.....a couple basket loads  of laundry ... 
Cleaning.....vacuuming, dusting, general pickup
Marketing
Christmas Cards
Final touches to the dining room

Currently reading::::
Bible~ book of Mark
I Peter chapter 3-4
The Broken Way by Ann Voskamp

On the TV ::::
Cds of the British detective series, George Gently.. we watch  an episode  each evening
I enjoy the Christmas Hallmark movies
I really enjoyed the  2 part Finding and Engaging Father Christmas



On the menu this week::::
no specific plans... 

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
sit  by the  Christmas lights, read a good book with a cup of cocoa and  listen to  some  beautiful Christmas instrumentals!
Maybe I can convince Hubs we need a fire...

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
I think these look  great !!! 



These made with phyllo look  lovely!!!
I have a  small group  coming next week to pray.. These would be  so nice with  some  mulled cider!

Looking forward to this week::::
The lighting of  our county Christmas tree and the arrival of Santa...I think that sounds fun...going to  order  a completely new look in my  spectacles  today... hope to get them back before  the holidays.. things seems to running slowly lately!!!
This weekend is our church Christmas  program... Hubs and I both sing in the choir and it is going to be so  glorious!  I love it!!!
 photo IMG_0657_zps4jioqbwd.jpg
Favorite photo from the camera::::

 photo 128a6318-b0df-4f40-b828-d4f7cc67cccf_zpsva5lyodl.jpg



Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses::::




3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog, Shotzy! Your home looks absolutely lovely! Warm, cozy, and ready for Christmas! Beautiful! Nice picture of you and your husband, too! Have a very blessed week ahead and enjoy the holiday festivities! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks super cozy and ready for Christmas! I need to get on my Christmas cards, some years I don't send them but this year, I think I will send cards. Seems like the kind of year that could use some extra Christmas cheer. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely pic of you and your husband! Hope the Christmas program goes well!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...