Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday


Find more HMM here!\



Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::


my dearest brought me my morning coffee and fruited yogurt this morning bright and early so we could both get off to our busy days... he had his dental appt. I had a lovely brunch with my prayer Sista's!
Looking around the house::::
 photo IMG_0065_zpsf7057fa5.jpg
Russets,   and earthy  tones!
 photo IMG_0111_zps623167d6.jpg


On today's to do list::::

Prayer  time/brunch with  my favorite gal pals....  marketing,
  and  good great time  spent blogging.  I am so behind!!!!!

Homeschooling....well,   I am doing quite a bit of learning myself...  on  publishing various types of  advertizements for  a new ministry  in which our group is involved!


Crafting::
If I had time I'd be knitting,  but  alas,   no time!
But I would love to share the  other blog that has been taking a bit of time... to promote  the ministry  our  group is leading,.
Christians United to Pray
Please  visit there and  follow  us...  we are  really trying very hard to get this  initiative off the ground.... the more followers  the more  interest  we  will receive...  This is the most important work of my life.... aside from raising my family!

Cooking....
Cooking???
Do I have to today?  

maybe a chef salad!

Currently reading::::

Children of the Day by Beth Moore...I am  facilitaing a small group..
Shemitah, by Rabbi Jonathan Cahn,  author of the Harbinger
This is a must read  for  all who are concerned about where our nation is heading.



On the TV today::::

I enjoy youtube videos (ie)
-- Catherine Cookson

-- Downton Abbey from yesterday


The weather outside is::::

beautiful autumn days....  the  temps are  mild,  the  skies are sunny....  I love them
 photo autumn9f.jpg


If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::

spend more time on this blog



New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::


Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes

Ingredients for donut holes

  • 1 ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • ½ tsp. sea salt
  • 1 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil (or butter), melted
  • ½ cup honey
  • 1 egg
  • ¾ cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • ½ cup milk

Ingredients for coating

  • 1/4 cup coconut oil (or butter), melted
  • 2/3 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
  • 1 ½ Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice

Method

1. Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil or butter. Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl and all wet ingredients in another.
2. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoons or with a melon baller into the muffin pan. Bake on 350F for 12-15 minutes. (I had to bake this version for longer than the allergen-free version below.)
3. While the donut holes are baking, combine sucanat and pumpkin pie spice. Pour melted coconut oil in another dish. I leave mine on the stovetop, so the coconut oil doesn’t harden. Once you take the donut holes out of the oven, dip them in the oil, then roll them in the sucanat/spice mixture.
Makes 48 donut holes!
- See more at: http://thehumbledhomemaker.com/2011/11/natural-holiday-allergen-free-pumpkin.html#sthash.L7l3Qhg4.dpuf


One of my simple pleasures::::

I do enjoy  when I catch it watching  Fixer Upper on HGTV.....  I just love that show,  but  cant  catch it often!


Favorite photo from the camera::::

My dearest dancing with our  one year old granddaughter at the  wedding reception!
 photo IMG_0308_zps07102b00.jpg

Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::

I really enjoy the blog  The Humbled Homemaker:) 
I just shared this blog with my daughter this week.

Praying for::::

Family, friends, church,  choir practice in prep for the holidays, 
my poor mother in  a nursing facility, our nation  (ebola, the elections),   Israel, the World 

Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment:::: 

“If men would pray as they ought to pray, the marvels of the past would be more than reproduced. The Gospel would advance with a facility and power it has never known. Doors would be thrown open to the Gospel, and the Word of God would have a conquering force rarely if ever known before.” E. M. Bounds:

3 comments:

  1. I have to really check out Downton Abbey. It seems that everyone is talking about it. I love the rooster on your coffee table. My mother in law decorates with roosters and chickens. It is such a versatile theme! Enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. If you like period dramas with the grandeur and an endearing cast, you'll enjoy Downton Abbey... most husbands even love it once they get into it. I actually inherited my mother's chicken and rooster collection.

      Delete
  2. whoa, those donut holes look AMAZING. I'm going to make them sometime this fall!!!!!!

    love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~