Friday, September 19, 2025

Friday's Fave Five

Hosted by Susanne!


Our lives are filled with blessings  each day..   We are  so grateful  for  the people God has put into our lives.  He has blessed us in so many ways..  and even though we are going through a trial  at this time  with my  need for a knee replacement,   I am assured in His word that  He is with me,  and will never abandon me. 

             Psalm 84

                How lovely is Your dwelling place, 
             
                  Lord, Almighty!

              My soul yearns, even faints,

    for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
    for the living God.
3 
       Even the sparrow has found a home,
    and the swallow a nest for herself,
    where she may have her young—
a place near your altar,
    Lord Almighty, my King and my God.
4 
Blessed are those who dwell in your house;
    they are ever praising you.

5 

Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
    whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
6 
As they pass through the Valley of Baka,
    they make it a place of springs;
    the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
7 
They go from strength to strength,
    till each appears before God in Zion.

8 

Hear my prayer, Lord God Almighty;
    listen to me, God of Jacob.
9 
Look on our shield, O God;
    look with favor on your anointed one.

1 

Better is one day in your courts
    than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
    than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
1 
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
    the Lord bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
    from those whose walk is blameless.

1 

                                                                Lord Almighty,

      blessed is the one who trusts in you.

This week  has been  a difficult one, we were out and about doing  important tasks, and I have been active around our home..  but, also, I have spent a bit of time  on my lounger, with my feet up and resting,  as,    due to physical  problems  for the last four years I am four years behind  to  have my knee addressed.  I finally will see the doctor in a bit over a week and  my prayer is that he will  have a date   set for me  that  would enable me to  have  my surgery  sooner rather than later..  I was told a month ago  it could be 6 months.   I  can't bear that!  I understand the hospital will  offer an advocate to help move things along. So I  rest in the presence of the Almighty and pray for His best for me.    This is not  a  crying  baby  post,  just a reality post..  learning to trust  the Lord  in times of trouble!


5 comments:

  1. YAY I found your FFF for today!! I will add you to my prayers. My brother in law just had his knee replaced yesterday. He only had to wait a month. Maybe it's different here in NYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chronic pain can really really make a person weary. I have a dear friend who just had her knee replaced two weeks ago. She was also told it could be months before the surgery but the Lord answered our prayers and she was scheduled for just a few weeks out. She's already back to work and only used a walker for a week. She's doing better every day and it's such a blessing to see her moving again! I will pray that a spot opens up for you soon and you get that surgery done and over with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. everyone's love and concern makes me smile so muchI Thank you.. I really appreciate the prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that the doctor had good news for you about your surgery. The long waits are hard mentally and physically.
    Love the psalm you posted.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saying a prayer for you as you face the knee replacement. I love that scripture and we sing a song based on it in church. My mind immediately started singing it as I read through it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...