Saturday, October 11, 2025

I know I’ve been absent, but

 For one thing the administrator has been  been sending me notices that I could be banned for my writing about what faith means to me.  Apparently someone reported that it was hate speech. Tonight I actually thought my blog had been eradicated, or perhaps it was a sign to be careful.  I’ve  been blogging since 2007 ,a couple of years after I retired from teaching.It has been a great comfort to me to be able to write which was a great delight to me! And I wrote about many, many themes. But it has become apparent that as time has gone on I have sensed a change in the atmosphere.. and God has become a central focus in my life. And surely, the change is real as our world  is trying to rip away a precious part of my life….myfreedom of expression which was simply propelled by love. It is a very sad day! 

Btw, my surgery has finally after 4 years been scheduled for early next month.  Still have a stress test coming up  that I need to pass.  I would appreciate any prayers on my behalf fora successful procedure. Meanwhile, I will be praying about how I will negotiate the path before me regarding this blog. It has become such a huge part of my life and I have so much enjoyed getting to know such precious women,  Thank you all so much. 

Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. This makes me angry. One's faith is not hate speech and if the administration would actually read your blog, they would know it and I am sorry for what you are going through. Keeping in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blogger administrator has been sending you messages? That is terrible. The message at church today was about how things in this world have changed so much, the good has become bad and bad things normal. I am watching a video right now about that Abigail Spanberger from Virginia condoning the text messages of of another person running that was threatening to kill another person and his family. Violence is not ok. I am sorry you are being threatened to be banned, but that must mean you are doing something good. Banning the speech of the Christians is normal now. It makes me sick. I hope your surgery goes well. Have a great day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...