Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday


Visit Sandra here for more HHM!
The weather.....
 a typical crisp  late December morning...37 degrees and sunny.

Right now I am....
running the  gamut of extreme emotions...reflecting on    the  last  few weeks..our dearest  children and new granddaughter got off this morning  to return home  from   our   wonderful visit for the holidays....remembering precious  scenes like this
 this, 
and spending some time with momma!
Thinking.... 
how blessed we were that  our daughter and little Birdie were able to come to us a week early to be here during the most cataclysmic days of my life...they arrived  the  eve of my father's passing,,,  praise the Lord  I at least know that his spirit  was attuned to their visit with him, for he had already lost    physical consciousness.
and  I am  so blessed to know that  his passing  was  peaceful and  I have  total assurance that he celebrated  his first Christmas with the angels  and the Lord.

Looking forward to...
returning to some semblance of normalcy...  in one way,  it was a blessing that  dad's death  coincided with the holiday, for  it meant that the kids would be here during  the most crucial time of my grief, and we were together to share in that.And we also, now see the arrival of our precious Birdie, as God's gift to us  knowing that we would need a special touch from heaven during this time.I realize Christmas will never be quite the same,  but  I am learning  that  as seasons of life come and go,  the passing of  old traditions  make way for new  and   now being caught up in the midst of  this ebb and flow,  I  am learning to just  be in the moment and  enjoy what the Lord has for  us....  He knows  best what we need,  when we need it.This has been so evident  throughout  this  month of ups and downs. So I have clung to my family and friends, their love and support  and now it is time to  move  up and outward, back into  real time of my life... get   those dozens of  written "thank yous"  finished and mailed and  set about  making new goals  for the new year.



On my reading pile....
so many books....  I  received    some wonderful ones  for Christmas...
at the moment I am reading 
An Irish Country Christmas, by Patrick Taylor






a lovely review



"This was one of those rare books that one hates to have end. You will wish to stay in this place and continue with the setting, the characters and the mood. "An Irish Country Christmas" is certain to shoot to the top of every best seller list with this engaging tale everyone will wish to call their own. Having not read the others in the series this reviewer is anxious to order them and continue the charmed escape to the Irish countryside. If not already thought of, this series cries to be a boxed set full of lovely illustrations. In troubled times, this writing is just what the soul needs!"
I will   share  on the others next time.

Daily Bible reading...  Ezekiel
We are actually  doing  a home   Bible Study on Spiritual Warfare  and   this   study  has   really opened my eyes to   the  importance of   God's provision  of the weapons of our spiritual battles  because in this world  we are  bombarded all the time! 

On my TV..... 
reruns of Downton Abbey in preparation  for  season  4  beginning  early January
Hallmark Christmas movies

Blog Hopping
alas, I just havent had time to

On my to do list....

Sit by the tree and   just  think about  stuff
I refuse to undo Christmas until  mid January
cleanse my system  and  plan  an exercise  regime'
(implementing it may be another story)

Looking around the house....





From the camera:


The  extreme blessing my  prayer Sista's are to me, and  getting to spend  some Birdie time!


On my prayer list..... 
Our family, parents, daughter ,  Little Birdie*, son-in law, 
Our church, and church family 
our nation, leaders, 
Israel and the Middle East 

Bible verse, Devotional  or  thoughtful  words:
Sometimes we forget we have an enemy. Today, as we prepare for what lies ahead, let these words of wisdom remind us life's battles aren't meant to be fought in our own strength:

"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." ~Eph. 6:11


Photo: Sometimes we forget we have an enemy. Today, as we prepare for what lies ahead, let these words of wisdom remind us life's battles aren't meant to be fought in our own strength: 

"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." ~Eph. 6:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~