Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Wednesday Hodge Podge

From this Side of the Pond
To return to Joyce's page  click here.

1. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your sense of direction? 1=can't find my way out of a paper bag and 10=if I've been somewhere once I can find it blindfolded ten years later.


I am the chief navigator  of the family...  Having taught  school  I am good with maps and  have  a pretty keen since of direction.. and unlike my husband if I do  get us lost I'm not afraid to stop and ask for directions and I  do understand spoken directions!


When was the last time you looked at/used a map you could hold in your hand? (phones don't count!) 
I got the map out of the  dashboard compartment yesterday.  We were stuck on the interstate for 45 minutes  while a  trailer trailer was  on fire... I was wondering  how far the next exit was, thinking we might be able to finagle  an exit,   but ,alas, we were  stuck..  Thankfully,  my Dr  in  Charlottesville  who was  consulting me about my upcoming MOHS surgery  was   so great  he  took me  in  anyway,  even though we were  late!


back east, down south, out west, up north
Choose one of these directional expressions and tell us why you chose it.
We live down south, and we go up north to see our kids!!   We've never been out west!...Well,  no farther  than Indiana!



2. Did you do more talking or listening yesterday? Is that typical? 
HAHAHAHA
Yesterday after  we got home,   I  talked  at  probably 7 folks about  the  crazy day we had.....  very atypical!
Describe your yesterday in one word.
Circus!

3. Time, money, water-power-resources, opportunity...which one on the list are you most guilty of wasting? What might you do to change that?
Lately,  since retirement ,  especially  since my parents  passed,   I would have to say  I am a time waster....that would be the last couple of years....  but to be fair  those previous  5 years  were   so daunting  I 've just been getting over  the ordeal!
But in my life  I would have to say  I wasted  good opportunities...   sorry to  confess  it was   my own personal  fears as a young adult that  kept  me from  seeking the opportunities that  came my way!

4. Did  your family take regular vacations when you were a kid? 
Yes,  we  took  yearly  family vacations.
Tell us something you remember about a family road trip from your own childhood.
When I was about 8 years old, our family toured the Great Smoky Mountains.  I loved that vacation  and have the best memories... things like    autumn vistas, 
Image result for great smoky mountains 
 black bears,
Image result for great smoky mountains
 log cabins, 
Image result for great smoky mountains
  and  the  wonders of Gatlinburg..
Related image
(Bear in mind  I am remembering it the way it was in 1958.)
While we were in Gatlinburg I  was so proud  to  have  my own earned  spending money,  so I decided to treat mom and dad to breakfast at the  restaurant  there at our hotel.I'll never forget the feeling of   doing something special for my parents!

5. If you could grow anything you wanted, what would you grow? Why?
Well, Ive been trying to grow  these  for two years  and  the plants are either  eaten by deer  or just wont grow for me!!!
Limelight hydrangeas

6. Insert your own random thought here.
I am so thankful that I  bit the bullet and  went ahead and called  Charlottesville,  related to the UVA Medical center....  something I  wouldn't just naturally choose to do. But after two  friends  who  had  used this physician  for MOHS surgery  so highly recommended him I  was  compelled ti give it a try..  He  is completely awesome and I got in to see him  twice as quickly  as I   was getting to see a local  surgeon..   Thank you, Lord  for working  all things for my good!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~