Sunday, November 30, 2025

I have Had My Knee Replacement.


. Whew! I am a month into my knee replacement…it has been quite something!
I went into the hospital on November 3 and was discharged the next day. I am thankful that we had bought a very nice lounger which is where I have slept every night until tonight. They said it is impossible to find comfort in your bed even though it felt fabulous at first, but the knee just does not adjust to lying in any position. I’ve been at it now for 3 hours and nothing has worked yet! People will tell you, the first 2. Weeks are the hardest, then it gradually eases up. Well, obviously one does forget the discomfort after a long time, but in the midst of recovery, even after a month, each day has its troubles.!
I graduated from home care the past week and begin out patient therapy on Monday, (today). I can get around by cane and walker, but not for long periods. I hope I can make it tomorrow.. therapy is quite a hike from the car. I may request a wheel chair, I hate to exhausted from the beginning! So that is te reason I haven’t been about lately.. 
but I do wish to relate to you regarding the warning.  If you know me, you know I am a Christian, and apparently someone reported my Christianity as hate speech. So I was reported and now bare this warning.I do hope to continue my blog.  It has been my joy since 2008, although I have lost many dear friends through these 17 year. I do pray that anyone who dares to return to my page will realize that  my blog is a friendly, loving cite!



 



2 comments:

  1. I was surprised to see the warning. I clicked anyway. :) I like reading your posts. Glad to hear recovery... is happening. A dear friend just had her knee surgery on December 3. I'll pray each day/night gets better, with less pain and more movement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, cindy for your kind remarks. I am sorry for being so late in responding but as I am recovering from knee replacement I haven't been online for several weeks!
    After 7 weeks I am now able to get about .. we went to a friend's party
    last night to celebrate a bit of Christmas cheer. and today I got my hair done! So lovely to rejoin the living, you might say! I have unfortunately missed several wonderful gatherings in our church and among our dear friends. ... but things are looking more positive now!! Thanks for your prayers!!! They mean everything!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...