Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tablescape Thursday

For more Tabletop Tuesday visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.
Last night we celebrated an informal, homey meal with just a tad of razz-ma-tazz. Lynn had raked leaves all afternoon so he wanted something hearty and savory. Thankfully, I had a pot of delicious soup simmering on the stovetop. Yet, last night we had front row balcony seats to the Symphony so I had to add a bit of glitz with some candelight. With the lovely sunset casting its evening glow outside the sunroom, the atmosphere was perfect for our special dinner for two.
I love to incorporate our very old, gold melamine bowl in most of our romantic meals. We started out our marriage living in Germany while Lynn was in the military. we bought all of our housewares in the army PX and I had this set of gold melamine. I still have 3 bowls and 3 salad plates which Lynn refuses to put in the dishwasher. He treasures these pieces just as if they were fine bone china. I suppose they represent the wonderful 37 years of marriage we get to celebrate everyday.
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. This is all so pretty. Love the placemats and napkins. It also looks like you have a beautiful view out the windows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The placemats and napkins are my favorite too!

    And the food looks just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the table & the food looks great! Enjoyed your story as to why you incoporate the melamine bowl...too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your razz ma tazz! Well done. The centerpiece you put together is so warm. Now pass that soup and no one gets hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find those enormous leaves for your table center?? Very cool!! I want some! :)

    -a

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both the table setting and the food look so warm and appealing. Just perfect for a cool fall evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. isn't it wonderful how we attach our best memories with dishes!? I have memories with all of mine. What a pretty table! That soup looks good too! : )

    ~Liz~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning tablesetting! Everything is so festive, warm, and inviting! The centerpiece is amazing, especially the extra touch of the leaf mats grouped together! ...and the food looks scrumptious! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a festive autumn tablescape to enjoy some hearty soup! It looks so cozy! Thank you for sharing.
    Miss Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVELY.I LOVE THOSE HUGE LEAVES.AND THE FACTS SURROUNDING YOUR MELAMINE BOWL.I LOVE THE SAYING YOU HAVE ON YOUR COMMENT BOX.BEST WISHES...ANN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful dinner for two! I love homemade soup nights. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...that food looks so yummy. And your table is beautiful...love all the fall color! Love the story about the gold bowls/dishes...so nice! Just shows it's not about expensive things...it's all about the memories! Sounds like you guys have some really great memories to cherish. :-) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty table you've set, and your food looks delicious! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just need to vent...let me tell you how many times I have kicked myself for not buying those very glasses when I had the chance...and now, I can't find them anywhere, and they're all over the magazines! Love the candle in the middle! The meal looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Love the candlelight! Very nice! By the way, my husband's name is Lynn, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely an amazing centerpiece. Just wish I could see a closer view of the center. Even enlarging didn't give me enough of what I wanted, a true closeup.
    The napkin treatment looks like a bird to me and is very appealing.
    I really appreciate all the candlelight.
    Using the dishes you have that have meaning is a good practice. It bodes well for a long, good, and hopefully happy relationship.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~