Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tablescape Thursday

Photobucket
For more TT be sure to stop in at Between Naps on the Porch! You'll be glad you did!!!

When it's  95 degrees outside  and outdoor dining  or even the sun room  feels oppressive, then it's time to consider  a new venue for  a quiet,  cool and calming    light   dinner....so  the coolest part of our  house today is the living room.  The massive oak trees outside  keep this  side of the house in constant shade  and the cool green refracts the light  peering in between the blinds
Photobucket
    For intimacy I  brought forward the  glass topped   side table    with this gorgeous    table topper  I found  at the fabric  store this spring..
Photobucket

Its cool summer  colors  showing off the most delectable  cardinals and bluebirds  in their  forested habitat  is just the accent  to  expose  the  real  love of birds I  exhibit  about the  whole room...and brings to mind the lush  environs outside  and the hope of  birdsong on the air...   all of which  calms my spirit  and   cools  my hectic  evening...
Photobucket
This    wonderful verdant  glass salad plates    sparkle  and   lend their  cool  crispness to the setting,  just waiting  for a dollop of chicken salad, or a bit of cheese,  fruit,  or toast tips!
No need for  fussy  utensils   tonight...
Photobucket
 Just  my new  salad  fork  and a crisp  white linen napkin,  dainty as can be,,, and again,    helps to create this simple  cool   tone...
  And because  we're utilizing the  small intimate place for two  Im using the  living room chest as my sideboard this evening...   to  place our  lovely  repast...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
   Keeping everything in  clear    glass    again  will accentuate the simplicity  and the light fare!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
So  since the   humid   weather  is such a downer to us,,,   this cool  setting  draws us in to  supper...   a supper,  light and airy as the atmosphere inside...  cold crisp salads,    delicious fresh   fruits,  and  tasty, savory  cheeses,    along with a  wonderful iced green tea...  it'll be like  a special  evening "out",    right inside our      cozy,  yet  cool  living room...  Im  really excited!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have to tell you every time I come to your site the first thing I do is to read all the scripture! Thank you for posting it! I seem to have neglected my blog for sometime in that respect. I too love the Lord and He is my rock! I hav found quite a few Christians among bloggers and it does my heart good.
    Ilove your green dishes and your tablecloth is so pretty. Thank you for sharing....
    Blesings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is my favorite color...you know I love this table!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~