Monday, June 20, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY....Monday, June 20, 2011
  the temperatures are on the rise once again and I am so glad to be heading north  by Thursday of this week!

I am thinking...what an adventure I am about to embark on...  riding the train over 700 miles on my own...   well, I am so glad  my bff will be with me.... just us gals  off to  NE...     me to see our daughter,,, and Dottie to see her  good friend  in New Hampshire....  I am getting so excited~

I am thankful for...  God's provision in all things  in my life....   God so good to me...   bringing me through trials...   going with me  through  the  tougher days  and    with me rejoicing over HIs many blessings  he has bestowed in me!

From the kitchen..crisp salad  with  garden fresh tomatoes,  baked potatoes with  cheese,  and fresh shucked corn on the cob

I am wearing..white capris,    polka dotted navy blouse, sandals

I am creating...    a packing list for  exactly what I need for my trip... I certainly dont need to pack a bunch of stuff I dont need to have to carry! 

I am reading...    Robin Pilchur's  A Risk Worth Taking,   Lynn Kurland's One Magic Moment


I am hoping...  to get all my clothes  laundered and ironed in the morning  and  then easily packed  in the suitcase on Wednesday  morning

Around the house....a general pick up and everything in its place before I leave town

One of my favorite things....reading books on  medieval Scotland   which is why I have rad every book  that has been published  by  Lynn Kurland....   Her latest book, One Magic Moment   will be my quiet car companion  along with my ipod and ear phones!

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Monday -    Cracked Pots Bible Study  cancelled because  everyone  was  in the midst of  coming and going


Tuesday-   devotions, allergy shot,   marketing, finish laundering 

Wednesday-   Glebe Hill Gardens tour with  friends,  packing,   visit  with mom and dad    Church dinner  /Bible Study

Thursday- Catch the train for Boston   reading,  knitting, chatting on my ipod   arriving  and  visiting  with  my dear daughter and son in  law  for a few days    so wish  Lynn was getting to come...  alas...  he cant this time

A glimpse into my life

Photobucket

So glad we're not driving....   and I  can tell you this... I wont be driving Amanda's car  any  either....

I'll gladly  let Joshua do the driving into Boston  on Sunday when we go to Church at park Street  across from Boston Commons.
Photobucket

Photobucket
 From there we can walk  to China Town
Photobucket
for lunch or
 to  Beacon Hill
Photobucket
 for brunch if we're so inclined!

Photobucket
At any rate  a stroll through the Commons  is  just what the doctor ordered for me  to get some  relaxing  exercise and  fill up my  spirit  with the  gorgeous  skyline of  downtown Boston!
But  what Im looking forward to is  just sitting around in the kitchen  and  catching up with my dear daughter
Photobucket
  or relax in their  lovely  home...
Photobucket
Wont be much longer now!

For the 2011 edition of The Simple Woman's Daybooks visit Peggy here!http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~