Monday, June 13, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket
FOR TODAY..
Mid June
...   the temps  this week are moderating and the humidity is down....   finally  we can breathe!

I am thinking...wow, in a little over  a week, I'll be on my way to Boston     to see our daughter  and son-in-law....  now that is a wonderful  thought!

I am thankful for...  God's Word  in His wonderful Bible.....  that  we have it  in such a wonderful  easy to understand form....  we can learn of Him,  His ways,  His  grace and mercy,  His  salvation  for us,  and how His Holy Spirit edifies our lives..

From the kitchen....  pork loin, rice, and peas... our daughter's  favorite meal as a child...   it is always on the menu  when they  come   home for a visit!    

I am wearing..plum  blouse,  cut off jeans, and sandals


I am creating...   a plan  for re arranging  my studio.   I have to  get this  computer station away form the  a/c vent... this is going to be a major undertaking!

I am reading...    Robin Pilchur's  A Risk Worth Taking,   and God's Fiery Love  by Bob Sorge.   I just havent had the time to  read  in  several days...   Will probably  be taking these with me to Boston on the train!

I am hoping...  for this  cooler weather  to  take hold and last a good long while


Around the house.... Lynn has  done a phenomenal job outside  getting the fence rows  pristine  and lovely...   I need to  continue    rooting out  stuff that we just  won't  use again and  make the decision to get rid of  a lot more stuff
  
One of my favorite things....spending hours with my Prayer Sistas  a s we call ourselves...   it is  unbelievably  refreshing and soul satisfying to be able to share  from God's  Word,  and to  apply  it to  life's situations,  pray together ,   enjoy our coffee together,  and just  know    that  these special friends have each others  backs  in prayer and loving support...  yet  we have the freedom and the desire to help one another  group in  wisdom,   peace and love  through scriptural,  spiritual edification....

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday -    Cracked Pots Bible Study      today  we  studied  about God's marvelous grace and how   we too must exhibit  grace to others  in  all situations...

Tuesday-   devotions, allergy shot, parents to the doctor/lab,   marketing, 

Wednesday-       Church dinner  /Bible Study

Thursday- devotions, prayer  Sista's  coffee and  visitation    with one of our dear  sista's   who recently  had surgery 

Friday-  devotions,    dermatologist 

A glimpse into my life
Photobucket
Another  very favorite  thing is to  go to the White Oak Tea Room with friends  , share a pot of  fruited tea,  dine on  delectable  chicken salad,  and   enjoy  girl talk,  occassionally....as  Dottie and I did  a couple of weeks ago!

For the 2011 edition of The Simple Woman's Daybooks visit Peggy here!http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~