Monday, April 7, 2014

Springy Get Together and Plan


Last week I posted about  an Easter party   I, along  with a group of friends from church, are planning for  the Friendship  House that serves  the inner city,  including  many  displaced  refugee families in our  city....  I am looking  so forward to this...   our church has  come along side this ministry for several years and being on the Benevolent Committee of my church has  shown me the great need to  get involved  more personally.
So   I am hosting a ladie's luncheon this week  to  go over the plans  and  prepare  some of the items we will need.  So I    springifying  the house.....

 I  shopped around each room looking for bunnies  who find new homes   other seasons of the year!It is so cold and rainy out today,  I am just using a small arrangement  I found on the hutch from last week,  but hopefully, I will have fresh flowers   on lunch-eon day!


Since this will be   a simple    spring  affair, I am just using the salad plates.
I love to use Lynn's mother's  china  in spring  with their  sweet bouquets..
 Syracuse,   pattern, Portland.
The gentle curves of the teacup  makes  supping tea or coffee  pure delight...

my menu Thursday   will include
Sesame Ginger Chicken
Sesame and Ginger Chicken


 this dish reminds me exactly of the scrumptious lunch I ordered at Ming Tsai's  Blue Ginger in  Wellesley.
About Ming

Blue Ginger Chicken Lettuce Cups - 14

soy stir-fry chicken with jicama, crispy vermicelli 

and green leaf lettuce

 There  we rolled the  delicious chicken  bits into the lettuce leaves and ate the rolls with our fingers....  so  yummy!

I will also  serve  deviled eggs and asparagus...
then  
Marinated Strawberries and Mango Puree Over Angel Food Cake

Just perfect  with  a    lovely cup of freshly  ground  coffee!
I still need to freshly iron the napkins and   to find my yellow placemats.....      still a work in progress,   but   it will all come  together! 




13 comments:

  1. Your spring luncheon sounds like a wonderful way to host a work and fun session. The pretty Portland china is perfect for Spring. Your menu will be so delicious especially the lettuce wraps. Have a warm and Springy week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spring luncheon sounds delightful. And your menu is mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely tablescape! The bunnies are adorable! Your food looks and sounds yummy. Gosh, I used to love Ming on Food Network. Miss seeing him on his own show. I did get his cookbook years ago for my brother and he loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful this will be and I know they will love the table! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lovely! How special with the bunnies and spring floral china. The recipe sounds delicious! Sounds like a great ministry as well. Blessings to you! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to serve, with a luncheon! Your menu sounds delicious, from the lovely salad to the yummy dessert. Your china is lovely for springtime. Thank you for sharing at Tea Time and have a beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ladies luncheon sounds like it is going to be wonderful. You have set it up so beautifully. The food sounds delicious too. You are kind to host. May you get lots done, and enjoy your tea.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. The plans for your luncheon look wonderful and some fresh flowers will add that last special touch to the table. I think we have the same pink wine glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lettuce cups. How nice to have a planning luncheon for this wonderful cause. Beautiful china. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is going to be so lovely and I am sure your guests will love it! It is fun to plan and decorate for a special luncheon!
    ...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bunnies! Your tea sounds wonderful and that is a beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Schotzy - you've set a beautiful table for your ladies luncheon and the menu looks marvelous! I love what you're doing this for! I am so delighted to share that your post will be featured in this week's A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so pretty. You inspired me to get out my little milk glass vase like yours. I never appreciated it before!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~