Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Little Birdie Told Me


Four days and counting until  we see our precious daughter and  granddaughter...


Dont get me wrong, I love face time and    am very thankful for it... but   I cant wait to give them both huge hugs!
A few weeks ago while we were visiting in Richmond  I happened into the Home Goods  store and found  a gorgeous  new china pattern...  one  cup and saucer,
entitled Vintage Charm,  by Johnson Brothers.I first noticed it because  of the   beautiful  birdie on it..  and I love the  blue and green...
But alas, they only had the one cup and saucer....  
so I tried the  store in Charlottesville, last week, and  they didnt have any  either...  I know I can  order some more from  Replacements  but at 3 times the cost,  so  in Charlottesville, I did find    some   great  Portugese  China  that   coordinates with it very well.
I am very excited about my new summer look  for the sunroom table..
The Vintage Charm  cup  serves as  inspiration    because of our  love of our Lil  Birdie, granddaughter, and    one day, this will be her   cup and saucer.
You can see the  lovely  robin's egg blue  salad plates  and mugs  I found to  coordinate with my white South Hampton  china from Mikasa.  I  fell in love with the  fabulous   gift shop, Caspari


in Charlottesville....  
I look forward  to using  these  sweet napkins  for our  first  sunroom  breakfast  next week with  the  girls!



Make it Pretty 
A Return to Loveliness

12 comments:

  1. Oooooh, love your new birdie tea cup! So sorry you couldn't find more. The robin egg blue plates look nice too! It is so lovely to set a pretty table for guests. Enjoy your time with your daughter and grandchild, yay!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprise! I love the china pattern and in fact the set is sitting on my table and I did a tablescape with Vintage Charm this week. I found the set at two different Home Goods in DFW and fortunately there were two teapots with two creamers and sugar bowls. I also found the cups and saucers plus the mugs. I set this table with the mugs to show the pattern on both sides in the photos. The grandbaby will enjoy your cup and saucer one day while you enjoy her now. Have a special week and I hope you will take a peak at my post, too!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I am swooning over your robin egg blue as it's a favourite colour of mine! LOVE the teacups with the birdie motif! What fun you will have with your little ones coming for a visit. Your windows are gorgeous and what a lovely view! Thank you for sharing and coming to tea.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very sweet! You are already planning to make your grand baby a tea drinker. I just love this post. It made me cry. You are a special lady.
    Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new teacup is pretty and there is a gorgeous view from the table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing your daughter & her daughter, spending time with them...truly priceless .

    I love the teacup and the table-setting, my favorite colors too. Eating at the table in your dining room with all the windows looking out onto that beautiful view must cheer you up with the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The teacup with the birdie motif is so nice! Hope you can find more someday... but meanwhile you can enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tea cup and saucer are so sweet. I've never seen that pattern. Enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the teacup is lovely. Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well now - so excited! By now - you've seen them - happy for you! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sweet new cup. Love how you've coordinated it. Best wishes for a joyous time with your Lil' Birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure by now you have had a chance to wrap your arms around them and squeeze tight. So happy for you! All 5 of my children live close so I can not imagine what it is like to not be able to hug them any time you want. I saw bird dishes like that at the T.J. Maxx store in St. George, UT. It was instant love but I had to force myself to pass. I have just to darn many dishes! Love the ones you found to coordinate with it. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~