Monday, November 7, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


Click here to return to The Diary of the Stay at Home Mom.

The weather outside is::::

Very cool nights and lovely bright days...today's high will be

66 degrees, lows 42. 


On the breakfast plate this morning::::

As is my usual blessing from my dearest,  my morning coffee  and  fruited yogurt cup.  I  have that rather  early  each morning,   so by mid morning  I  usually  add a bit of something.. today it is  a boiled egg and toast.

As I look outside my window:::
The leaves are coming down and  it is time to begin raking... BAH!!!


Right now I am::::
I am trying to get in the Christmas mood...    working on Christmas stuff...  so Im listening to Pandora. .. my Piano Guys  
Christmas station..
Actually, I can listen to Christmas music all year long!!!!

As I look around the house::::

The dining room table is loaded with  Christmas gifts  I've been wrapping..I want to start my Christmas cards  this week...  I have  definite reasons why  I am  way ahead of schedule...you know  when you  children have dual  families to   consider..  parents must fall in line  with  children's plans...  which is  great... I am so blessed to have such wonderful  children and grands!


On today's to do list::::
Laundry....bed  linens,  towels,  my  colors
Hardwood floors..... mopped
Downstairs vacuumed
Bedroom....  change linens  and wash

Happening this week::::

Hubs to  doctor  for checkup
Corporate prayer  event later today
VOTE!!
Prayer gals  coffee   and celebration
Friends  celebrating a late birthday dinner  for hubs
 Potluck  meal with  cousins

Currently reading::::

I Thessalonians

Faithing Faith by Denise Hunter 
"Set in the high-pressure world of a Chicago television newsroom, author Denise Hunter brings to life a story of intrigue and integrity, of secrets divulged and promises kept." 
I am also doing a 30 day Thanksgiving Gratitude Prayer Guide.. It isnt too late to get started on it!!!

Another great  Scripture learning  tool:
Image result for Bible tools 30 day thanksgiving
On the TV today::::
Im not into too much tv lately...  I did  enjoy last night's weekly installment of Poldark
Poldark, Season 2MASTERPIECE on PBSEpisode SixSunday, November 6th at 9pm ET on PBSA fugitive points the way to riches. Ross and the free traders sail into a trap. Caroline and Dwight hatch a plan. Demelza faces house arrest.Shown from left to right: Luke Norris as Dwight Enys and Eleanor Tomlinson as DemelzaCourtesy of Mammoth Screen/BBC and MASTERPIECE

On the menu this week::::
Monday - grilled cheese sandwiches
Tuesday -  Chef salad and baked potatoes
Wednesday - pork chops, peas, and rice
Thursday - Barbecue
Friday -  pot luck

What I am creating at the moment::::
Matching aprons for  daughter and  her  three year old
I have also made a Christmas table runner    and  will be  helping  daughter  to make herself a Thanksgiving  runner for her holiday table.

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
Libby's Easy Pumpkin Crumb Cake

INGREDIENTS
1 can (30 oz.)  Libby's Pumpkin pie mix
2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) evaporated milk
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) yellow or spice cake mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Whipped topping (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS

PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan. 

COMBINE pumpkin pie mix, evaporated milk and eggs in large bowl. Pour into prepared pan. 

COMBINE cake mix, melted butter and nuts in large bowl until crumbly (clean hands may be used). Sprinkle over filling. 

BAKE for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown on top. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Top each serving with whipped topping, if desired.
LIBBY’S® Easy Pumpkin Crumb Cake

Favorite photo from the camera::::
Our lil  ballerina  at practice!

Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::
Psalm 62:6-7


6 He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
7 In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.

1 comment:

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~