Fun Times
Hosted by Anne!

places of entertainment? (theaters, themed parks, etc.) We lived very
near Lakeside, one of the most popular amusement parks in the state
during the 50’s and 60’s. I loved most of the rides but was sort of scared
I have always enjoyed cultural amusements, concerts, symphonies, plays,
and films. I'm game to go anytime I can. One of my very favorites is going
to the Barter Theater!
Which rides/parks did you enjoy the most or what snack foods to you
Which rides/parks did you enjoy the most or what snack foods to you
enjoy when you are out and about? I loved the Merry Mixer, the Airplanes, bumper cars, and caterpillar. I have always been a pop corn girl. Even
when we go to baseball games.
When you were a kid, what activities /games/places brought you the
When you were a kid, what activities /games/places brought you the
most enjoyment? I loved to play board games with my neighbor friends.
I , also was a great player of Barbie’s. We would take things we found
around the house and create very imaginative Mid century modern
apartments, inspired by the movie sets say, from Ingrid Bergman or
Doris Day movies, or even those older b/w movies when the players
lived in such gorgeous NY city homes.I will say again,,,we were very
imaginative, but my friends always liked mine best.
Would you share with us a fun time or great trip that you've experienced.
Would you share with us a fun time or great trip that you've experienced.
When our adopted daughter was 6, we decided to take a great vacation to Philadelphia. You see Hubs and I drove to Philly International Airport
to pick Amanda up when she was 3 months old. She was born in S. Korea.
So we stayed on our vacation in the same hotel we stayed in 6 years
previously. We used the Airport conveyance from the hotel to the airport
and showed Amanda all about that fatefully wonderful night she joined
our family. We relived everything. The next day we toured everything
in Philly, the history museum, which we all loved! And of course the
Liberty Bell and Carpenter’s Hall. The next day we surprised Amanda
with a special tour. We had recently read the Trumpet of the Swan to her
and she enjoyed the love story between Lewis and Serena, two swans in
the story who ended up living in the Philadelphia Zoo. So we toured the
zoo from one end to the other and we were getting a bit concerned because
there was no swan exhibit. Just as we were stepping into the gift shop on
our way out, we heard a swan trumpet. We hurried to the sound and there
in a lovely stream were two of the most beautiful swans you could ever
hope to see. We were so delighted. So on the way through the shop we
relented and let Amanda pick out one thing.. she picked out a beautiful
stuffed tiger she called Tigger! We were pretty exhausted so we found a
nice restaurant and then headed west to actually just drive through Valley
Forge, probably 150 miles away where we had our next hotel reservation.
When we got to the hotel Tigger wasn’t in the car! Oh, my! It was the end
of the world. Dear sweet dad drove us all the way back to the restaurant
and as providence would have it the cashier had Tigger under the register!
We were super tired when we checked in there in Lancaster. Thankfully, everything at Lancaster was mainly driving with a few shopping stops, but
such gorgeous countryside all around, and we were sure to ride the steam locomotive in Strasbourg.Thus ended our Pennsylvania vacation back in 1991.
At 41, it was a perfect trip. I’m glad people have kids when they are younger, although we were getting along in age when we adopted. Couldn’t do all
that now!

Oh, I watch the steam trains in Strasburg daily on virtual rail fan. They have live cams of Strasburg/ Paradise. I am in love with steam trains. I enjoyed reading your story about that wonderful family time with your daughter. How very special. So glad you joined in!
ReplyDelete