Thursday, October 21, 2010

Autumn Bliss

Photobucket
As I was visiting about blogland I chanced upon this lovely blog and was inspired to create my own list of 20 things I love about autumn...
1. lazy, languid mornings
2. crystal blue skies
3. fresh, crisp air
4. childhood memories of family picnics on the parkway

Photobucket
5. warm, vibrant colors and textures
Photobucket
Photobucket
6. Reading favorite books curled up in cosy wingbacks, bundled up in fleecy throws sipping Earl Grey
7. Crackling fires and hot mulled cider
8. Long Sunday drives into the mountains

Photobucket

9. Honey and I curled up on the sofa watching a chic flick sharing bowls of buttery popcorn
10. Picking out the perfect pumpkin for that perfect pie!

Photobucket
11. Early evenings and late mornings... wonderful now that Im retired
12. Time for routine events to start up once more, like choir.... symphony concerts.....
13. Again,,, the colors

Photobucket
Photobucket
14. A change in mood, and music, and spirit.... as things just naturally become more pensive and introspective... which feeds the melancholy side of my temperament
15. Baked apples stuffed with brown sugar/cranberries
16. Spending some time browsing old magazines planning holiday festivities
Photobucket
17. Pulling out the sweaters and the jackets... I love fall clothing best
18. Late afternoon light how it bathes areas in it blazing fire yet the shadows in other areas gather in close
Photobucket

19. Dreary, cold rainy days... I love them!

Photobucket
20. No more grass to cut, hence, more time with my sweetie!!
Aw,,, shucks,, I forgot about the leaves!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I liked the last one best. Hope he can get someone to come by and pick them up! Hope you are feeling much better. Fall is my favorite too, except for the fact that it's starting to get dark so early! Blegh!

    Love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these autumn thoughts! Except for number 19. A few years in Scotland will cure you of your love of grey and rain! Blessings to you and yours.

    Stacey <><

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~