Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday

Photobucket

The Stay at Home Mom hosts this each week.

The weather in my neck of the woods

thankfully, we missed the brunt of Irene here in our part of Virginia and my prayers are with those who are still dealing with the problems, and devastation.... our weather is mild, sunny, and bright, although quite dry....

Things that make me happy:

knowing my sweet husband is downstairs brewing my first cup of coffee

Book I'm reading:


The Normal Christian Life, by Watchman Nee

Spiritual Warfare, by E. M. Bounds

The Secrets of Intercession by Andrew Murray

and for relief, Ireland, by Frank Delaney

What I'm watching on tv:

Last night I watched 2012 on Encore and wish I hadn't

On the menu for dinner:

crab cakes and cole slaw

On my To Do List

Monday- still clearing out rooms, throwing away tons of stuff and getting cartons ready for the good will box

Tuesday-allergy shot, marketing

Wednesday- personal prayer time church dinner- adult Bible Study

Thursday- Dr Visit praying for a good report

Friday- errand day , Lynn's last day at work!!!!!

Saturday- Extended chapel prayer time  

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:

Id have to think about that one

Looking forward to this week 

Friday, which will be Lynn's last day before retirement cant believe it is finally here. Ive been waiting 8 years since I retired from teaching but Im glad he got 40 years in..... that is amazing and such a blessing form the Lord!!!
No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


I took this photo of New York City from the train last month... New York and the all of the NE and east coast have been heavy on my heart the last few days.... 

On my mind:

I am so thankful that our daughter and son-in-law who leave near Boston were relatively unscathed during Irene's rampage through New England...we see the providential hand of God now in retrospect because earlier this summer the condo management had rip-rap stones laid around their common driveways to help rain water to drain away from garage doors and entrances... it worked like a charm..... Thanks you, Lord! He is in control of all things!!!!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verse


Nancy Leigh DeMoss: Have you done any singing today? We’re used to singing at church. But to a lot of people, singing during a typical day might seem strange. But the Bible talks about the power that comes from singing praise to God. The book of Psalms alone makes 68 references to singing to the Lord.


I travel a lot, and I often take along a hymnal or a book of worship choruses. I’m no great singer, but I love to sing to the Lord.


I can think of times when it felt like there was a dark cloud hanging over my spirit. But as I’ve sung to the Lord—sometimes with a trembling voice and my eyes filled with tears—so often the cloud has lifted and the sunlight of God’s peace has poured in.


Why not try singing to the Lord today?


With Seeking Him, I’m Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~