Click the icon to return to Joyce's page!
Welcome to March and another edition of The Wednesday Hodgepodge. . Here we go-
YAYAYA Spring is right around the corner.... but blossoms are busting out everywhere around here already!!!
1. 'Slow and steady wins the race'...tell us about a time this was true in your own life.
It seems that the older I get the more I implement slow and steady into my regular routine... and according to Aesop, it is advisable, so who I am to argue with Greek philosophy!
2. 'As slow as molasses'...Do you like molasses? How about maple syrup? Caramel? Butterscotch? What's your favorite of the slow moving treats mentioned here, and what's your favorite food made with that sweet treat?
I loved my Grandmother's molasses cookies.... soft and chewy and gingery! yum!!! But molasses by itself is pretty strong!!! I prefer natural maple syrup, so most times we go to Vermont we try to pick up a jug to bring home with us... I actually made my very first caramel last week for my Valentine dessert. My favorite cake my granny made was her caramel cake. And butterscotch is a favorite flavor as well. I used to love the butterscotch live savers best!! I guess you could surmise I love slow sweets! Hehehehe
3. Your favorite slow song....
Impossible! How about a few of my favorites?
Too many to count as well; here are a few:
4. Your favorite thing to make in a slow cooker or crock pot?
We enjoy slow cooker Mac and Cheese!
5. 'You may delay, but time will not.'~Benjamin Franklin Are you more a hurrier or a delayer when it comes to unpleasant tasks that need doing? What are you currently either delaying or hurrying to get through this week or month?
I am a delayer... It seems that a lot has been delayed this past month.. Hubs has started a huge project of taking up the glued down carpet upstairs, thankfully the glue has gotten so dried that it comes up fairly easily, but it still is about a 5 day job to do each room and that doesn't count removing all the "stuff" so that means all the rooms are messed up finding places to put "stuff"... Praise God for Hubs, but he is a perfectionist and it does take him some time to get this done.. but it is making a huge improvement.. the wooden floors under that carpet haven't seen the light of day in prob 40 years...that indoor outdoor carpet is just so hideous.. we just covered it or with area rugs and closed our eyes when we walked down the hall.. runners didn't cover the whole mess. But as he revitalizes a room the floor come alive.. they don't even need refinishing.. he just cleans them very well, and uses minwax on them.. buffs them a bit and we have gorgeous floors.. we inherited my mother's beautiful wool area rugs, and we took them to get them cleaned and have been rolled up for oer a eyar just waiting to find their new home... for my part, I have so much to do in the bedrooms.... clothes need to actually be put away but when things are so out of sorts, I cant find the bureaus or closets!!!
6. Tell us three things you encounter regularly or even just occasionally that you find to be annoyingly slow.
Slow check out lanes~ I invariable get in the wrong line.. and every time I switch lines I get the worse one
Lately my computer seems to be running pretty s..l..o..w!
Is it me or are commercials on TV getting longer and longer.. I can get pretty impatient waiting.. and it doesn't help to channel surf.. they line up on all the stations at the same time!!
7. March is National Craft Month. Are you crafty? Tell us about something crafty you'll try in the next thirty one days. Or something crafty you'd like to try or wish you had the skill to make happen.
I am not very crafty... A simple sewing project might lure me to the machine, but if I could just set it up all the time and afford the supplies, right now all my paints have dried up ,,, I would love to do oil painting much more often. But when I was doing it right after I retired, it was set up in the sun room for weeks at a time and the mess can become nerve wracking.. for me anyway.. But oil painting is so relaxing and great therapy.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Looking forward to luncheon today. I am meeting my best friends at the Sunny Brook Inn to celebrate Colleen's birthday.