Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Slow Stuff Hodge Podge



Click the icon to return to Joyce's page!
Welcome to March and another edition of The Wednesday Hodgepodge. . Here we go-
YAYAYA  Spring is right around the corner....  but  blossoms are  busting out everywhere around here already!!!

1. 'Slow and steady wins the race'...tell us about a time this was true in your own life.

It seems that the older I get  the more I implement  slow and steady into my regular routine...  and  according to Aesop,  it is  advisable,  so who I am to argue with  Greek  philosophy!

2. 'As slow as molasses'...Do you like molasses? How about maple syrup? Caramel? Butterscotch? What's your favorite of the slow moving treats mentioned here, and what's your favorite food made with that sweet treat?

I loved my Grandmother's molasses cookies....  soft and chewy  and gingery!  yum!!!  But molasses by itself is  pretty  strong!!!  I prefer   natural  maple syrup, so most times we go to Vermont  we  try to pick up a jug to bring home with us...  I actually made my very first caramel  last week  for my Valentine dessert.  My  favorite cake my granny made was  her  caramel cake.  And butterscotch is a favorite  flavor as well.  I used to love the butterscotch live savers best!! I guess you  could surmise I love slow  sweets!  Hehehehe

3. Your favorite slow song....
Impossible! How about a few of my favorites?

Too many to count as well; here are a few:

4. Your favorite thing to make in a slow cooker or crock pot?
We  enjoy  slow cooker  Mac and Cheese!
Slow-Cooker Mac and Cheese

5. 'You may delay, but time will not.'~Benjamin Franklin Are you more a hurrier or a delayer when it comes to unpleasant tasks that need doing? What are you currently either delaying or hurrying to get through this week or month?
I am a delayer...  It seems  that  a lot  has been delayed this past month..  Hubs has started a huge project  of  taking up  the  glued down carpet upstairs,  thankfully the  glue has  gotten so  dried that it comes up fairly easily,  but it still is about a  5 day job to do each room  and  that doesn't count removing all the  "stuff"  so that means  all the rooms are  messed up  finding places to put "stuff"...   Praise God for Hubs,  but he is a perfectionist and it does take him  some time to  get this done..  but it is making a huge improvement..  the wooden floors under that carpet haven't seen the light of day  in prob  40 years...that  indoor outdoor carpet is just so  hideous.. we just covered it or with  area rugs and  closed our eyes when we  walked down the hall..  runners didn't  cover the whole  mess.  But  as he revitalizes a room the floor  come alive..  they don't even need refinishing..  he just  cleans them very well, and  uses  minwax on them..  buffs them a bit and we have gorgeous floors.. we inherited my mother's   beautiful  wool   area rugs, and  we  took them to get them cleaned and have  been  rolled up  for oer a eyar  just waiting  to find their new home...   for my part,  I  have so much to do in the bedrooms....  clothes need to actually be put away  but  when  things are  so out of sorts, I cant find the bureaus or closets!!!

6. Tell us three things you encounter regularly or even just occasionally that you find to be annoyingly slow.
Slow  check out lanes~  I invariable  get in the wrong line.. and  every time I switch lines  I get the worse one
Lately my computer seems to be running pretty s..l..o..w!
Is it me or  are  commercials  on TV  getting longer and longer..  I  can  get pretty impatient  waiting..  and it doesn't help to  channel surf..  they  line up  on all the stations at the same time!!

7. March is National Craft Month. Are you crafty? Tell us about something crafty you'll try in the next thirty one days. Or something crafty you'd like to try or wish you had the skill to make happen.

I am not very crafty...  A   simple sewing project   might lure me to the machine,  but if I  could just set it up all the time and    afford  the  supplies,  right now all my paints  have  dried up ,,,     I    would love to  do oil painting  much more often.  But  when I was  doing it right after I retired,  it was set up in the sun room for  weeks at a time and  the mess  can  become  nerve wracking..  for me anyway..  But oil painting is so relaxing and  great therapy.


8. Insert your own random thought here.
Looking forward to luncheon today.   I am meeting my best friends  at the Sunny Brook Inn  to celebrate Colleen's birthday. 
Image result for The Plantation on Sunnybrook
 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your answers. It sounds like you and your hubby have got a huge project going on. I just came from there, myself! We finally got rid of 30+ year old carpet that was throughout the whole house and replaced it with Pergo woods flooring. I can very well relate for trying to find room for all of that stuff! I still have a bathtub filled with stuff I haven't gotten to!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~