Return to Joyce's page here!
1. Tell us about a time you felt like you were 'flying by the seat of your pants'.
I sort of felt this way Sunday morning.. after church and Sunday School, we usually go out to eat, but Hubs had to stay after church a while for a meeting so I came home and decided on the spot to cook a homemade dinner...in the tradition of my dear momma and Grandmothers...haha!
It just about killed me... I so wanted it to be just like mom's.. fried chicken, deviled eggs, asparagus, mashed potatoes, rolls, dessert..
Well, the chicken had to be defrosted. thankfully, it was thinly sliced breasts. While I worked that I boiled the eggs and peeled the potatoes..I was feeling really glad that I had bought a frozen lemon pie the day the before. Finally, the meat was thawed and I spent a goodly amount of time really trying to season it well and cook it just like momma would... by this time it was nearly 12:30 and I was thinking man, I need to speed it up because I wanted things to be ready when hubs walked in the door... but I was beginning to drag about the kitchen.. I deviled those eggs like a mad hatter... and snapped off the ends of that asparagus drizzled them in oil seasoned them and popped them in the oven. Set the table and then came in and mashed those tators everything was looking pretty good, but suddenly the bottom actually fell out of me. I mean the adrenalin was gone.. with everything sitting in its pan I went and collapsed on the sofa which is how hubs found me by 12:45. I just told him.. dinner in the kitchen...enjoy!
2. When or where would you most like to be 'a fly on the wall'?
Sometimes I'd love to just slip quietly in and enjoy watching my grand daughters as they play or dance their ballerina routines... I wouldn't want to disturb their imaginative play. But it is so sweet to watch them perform their made up dance!! Sorry the video doesnt work.. apparently one must be a fly on the wall to actually see it... but I love how the baby at 14 months dances with her arms up in the air...
3. 'Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.'-Henry David Thoreau
Would you agree? Why or why not?
Yes, I have been in that strive for happiness mode before.. trying to make things "special" or recapture a holiday feeling from the past.. and it is always elusive... just let it go and that beautiful butterfly will dance around your life and happiness is sure to follow!!
4. Share a favorite movie, book, or song with flying in it's title, lyrics, or theme somewhere.
I wish it was a more seasonal song, but I do love this one. This is exactly how I used to fly as a child..
5. What is one task or chore you tend to do 'on the fly'? Is this something that really needs to be done another way?
hahaha...honestly,,, lately it seems most household tasks are this way... especially putting clean laundry away... or unpacking my suitcase finally and putting everything away.. It happens in spurts .. sort of like in passing.. But I straighten up the house the same way.. I grab a bag and in passing put everything that belongs upstairs in it and place it on the stairs until I go back up to put things away. Im' B...A...D!
6. What was happening the last time you thought to yourself or said aloud, 'Wow, time flies when you're having fun', and you meant it.Just last month when we were visiting our kids/ grands in Massachusetts...Because I know that the next time we see them will be months away and I think of all the growing and developing that takes place in a 1 and 3 year old that we will miss!!
7. This Thursday is National Garlic Day. Will you add garlic to your menu on Thursday? Do you like garlic? What's your favorite dish made with garlic? Sounds like Thursday may be a spaghetti day then.. I love garlic.. but not too much. my aunt eats it so much the scent actually oozes from her. no thanks!
I love to use Cento crushed tomatoes to make my homemade sauce...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This week we get the week off from our Women's Bible Study, otherwise, Id be there right now... I do love this study on developing our daily reading of the psalms and writing our prayers back to God in response It goes a long way to increase our love relationship with God.