Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Wednesday Hodge Podge



















From this Side of the Pond






Click the icon to return to Joyce's page!

1. April is Lawn and Garden Month. On a scale of 1-10 what's the current state of your lawn and/or garden. (10=a showpiece, 1=send in the professionals). Tell us about any lawn or garden plans you have for this month.

Well,  we have just returned from a two week  visit with our  kids in New England..  where the weather  was  dreary,  cold and  wet...  mostly  of the frozen variety ,  so  my thoughts of gardening haven't  fully    materialized...yet...  We expected to come home to  foot high  grass  as our lawn hasn't been mown yet this season,  but  it actually  wasn't too bad even though our temps here   ranged mostly in the 70's.  The red buds are abloom  and the  tulips are  budding...  most of  the  jonquils bloomed  prior to our departure,  but  a few of the  more  recently planted varieties are  freshly blooming...  it was lovely to come home and see Spring!!!

2. "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there."~Thomas Fuller  What does this quote mean to you?

Well, I mainly think of the  abundant crab grass we get in early spring... thankfully it  fades out  after a few weeks...

3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God?

Awesome question....  Since  I am deep into the throes of  Redeemer  Bible Study of course,  Redeemer  comes to mind....   but I have to add  a  all knowing, all powerful,  ever present  Creator and lover of my soul.  And He is pure LOVE!

4. If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous? I'd probably be fidgeting with my hands or clearing my throat more than usual.

5. Do you like the color yellow? Would I find any in your home or wardrobe? Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily, black eyed susan...which yellow bloom on this list is your favorite?

Not much yellow in our home  today..  except  occassional splashes of its   bright and cheerful hue....



and our guest room is   a pale yellow...  however,  I think I must have yellowed myself out early on in our first home...I had  a yellow kitchen,    bright yellow linen drapes in the living room, and  yellow was the  accent  color  there. I  used to have   many yellow  day lilies in our yard,  but alas the deer have feasted on them... Thankfully they  leave my daffodils along..and I do love forsythia.    I would  love  a yellow rose  bush  but  I am not  great with roses...I have a couple of roses...  a peace and  a  florabunda red  but  neither of them flourish!!!

6. Flip flops or bare feet?Bare feet around the house....  I  really  detest  flip flops.. Used to like them  but the thong between the toes is a huge turn off for me now.  I do wear  slippers  when away from home.

7. Tell us about any Easter plans, celebrations, or traditions you'll carry out this month.  Hubs and I usually  practice many hours for musical  Easter programs of the season.. but this year since we've missed many practices,  I don't think I will  participate.  We did  put in  ever  hour  previously to  our trip,  but  this year my allergies  are  horrid and  I just don't think I  will  be  any good..  with  this scratchy throat  and watery eyes.. Unfortunately,  due to other  health issues I no longer  can  take allergy shots and OTC  remedies are  useless..     But  on with the question....we celebrated  a bit of  Easter  with our family last week..  I  gave the  girls spring baskets  because I just love   seeing  little  girls delight over  bunnies and  spring time  pursuits...  One think I love to do  is  celebrate   Passover with a Seder meal,  just the two of us celebrating  all that God has done for us..

 photo Passover2012013_1.jpg


 photo Passover2012014_1.jpg
and then we will be enjoy  going to the church  offerings
 photo dayofprayer003-1-1.jpg
 ...actually  Hubs will  sing in  all the  events...  I enjoy  also  the  Good Friday service...  it really  sets the tone for the  season  with its  emphasis on the passion of Christ... Then, of course, the exultant  celebration of resurrection Sunday is  a highlight of the year!!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Now that our trip is behind us it is plan, plan, plan for me...  I have  an all important Sunday School excursion to plan... 
Image result for attic productions
 a trip to  a  local  theater to see  Agatha Christie's play, Mousetrap....  getting the date,  number  of participants and  the tickets  purchased , transportation , and dinner afterwards all planned...  and I have one more dinner party to make up  from  our postponed Christmas affairs...  I have purposely waited til spring  so
 1. everyone  might  be well this time... and 2  to enjoy the majesty of spring.

3 comments:

  1. Great answers, especially #3...and your dining room is so very lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, crab grass present here as well. Come see our answers at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by my place and leaving a footprint in the comment box.

    I see you have tickets to the Mousetrap ... do enjoy! I so like Agatha Christie.

    Enjoyed the lovely photos of Spring you shared. I hope your Bible study goes well.

    Wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places... Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~