1. April is Lawn and Garden Month. On a scale of 1-10 what's the current state of your lawn and/or garden. (10=a showpiece, 1=send in the professionals). Tell us about any lawn or garden plans you have for this month.
Well, we have just returned from a two week visit with our kids in New England.. where the weather was dreary, cold and wet... mostly of the frozen variety , so my thoughts of gardening haven't fully materialized...yet... We expected to come home to foot high grass as our lawn hasn't been mown yet this season, but it actually wasn't too bad even though our temps here ranged mostly in the 70's. The red buds are abloom and the tulips are budding... most of the jonquils bloomed prior to our departure, but a few of the more recently planted varieties are freshly blooming... it was lovely to come home and see Spring!!!
2. "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there."~Thomas Fuller What does this quote mean to you?
Well, I mainly think of the abundant crab grass we get in early spring... thankfully it fades out after a few weeks...
3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God?
Awesome question.... Since I am deep into the throes of Redeemer Bible Study of course, Redeemer comes to mind.... but I have to add a all knowing, all powerful, ever present Creator and lover of my soul. And He is pure LOVE!
4. If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous? I'd probably be fidgeting with my hands or clearing my throat more than usual.
5. Do you like the color yellow? Would I find any in your home or wardrobe? Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily, black eyed susan...which yellow bloom on this list is your favorite?
Not much yellow in our home today.. except occassional splashes of its bright and cheerful hue....
and our guest room is a pale yellow... however, I think I must have yellowed myself out early on in our first home...I had a yellow kitchen, bright yellow linen drapes in the living room, and yellow was the accent color there. I used to have many yellow day lilies in our yard, but alas the deer have feasted on them... Thankfully they leave my daffodils along..and I do love forsythia. I would love a yellow rose bush but I am not great with roses...I have a couple of roses... a peace and a florabunda red but neither of them flourish!!!
6. Flip flops or bare feet?Bare feet around the house.... I really detest flip flops.. Used to like them but the thong between the toes is a huge turn off for me now. I do wear slippers when away from home.
7. Tell us about any Easter plans, celebrations, or traditions you'll carry out this month. Hubs and I usually practice many hours for musical Easter programs of the season.. but this year since we've missed many practices, I don't think I will participate. We did put in ever hour previously to our trip, but this year my allergies are horrid and I just don't think I will be any good.. with this scratchy throat and watery eyes.. Unfortunately, due to other health issues I no longer can take allergy shots and OTC remedies are useless.. But on with the question....we celebrated a bit of Easter with our family last week.. I gave the girls spring baskets because I just love seeing little girls delight over bunnies and spring time pursuits... One think I love to do is celebrate Passover with a Seder meal, just the two of us celebrating all that God has done for us..
and then we will be enjoy going to the church offerings
...actually Hubs will sing in all the events... I enjoy also the Good Friday service... it really sets the tone for the season with its emphasis on the passion of Christ... Then, of course, the exultant celebration of resurrection Sunday is a highlight of the year!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Now that our trip is behind us it is plan, plan, plan for me... I have an all important Sunday School excursion to plan...
1. everyone might be well this time... and 2 to enjoy the majesty of spring.