Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday


Photobucket
The Stay at Home Mom hosts this each week.
The weather in my neck of the woods:
Today was splendid... warm, bright, and sunny... not many more like today....
Things that make me happy:
Sipping coffee and talking about spiritual things with my prayer group!
Book I'm reading:
Stand for Something by John Kasich
What I'm enjoying on TV:
What's tv??!
On the menu for dinner:
Delicious homemade chili and Lynn's perfect broccoli and cauliflower medley
On my To Do List:
Rather full week ahead!
Take mom and dad to their Bible Study
run errands and catch up on a bit of shopping
laundry
Take parents to the dentist and then marketing
Church fellowship dinner and Bible Study
Clean house/ vaccum, prepare table setting for Thanksgiving
Have parents in for Thanksgiving
clean basement
put up Christmas decorations
New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
For Thanksgiving Im roasting up a winter vegetable medley of sweet potatoes, butternut squash, parsnips, carrots, onions, and an apple for good measure..
In the craft basket:
No time for crafts

Looking forward to this week:
having my dear husband home for a few days and getting some serius organization done in our basement!! yaya!
Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
No time
No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I love this time of year and planning special events..... so warm and cosy!
On my mind:
LAst week our church family suffered the loss of one . One of our pastor's sons age 16 was killed suddenly and he was such a precious young man... thiswas truly a devastating thing for that family and for our church body.... but I cant help to think that even as most of us are now able to move on with our lives I am thinking of that family... facing this week and the coming holiday season and how their lives are changed forever. I am reminded never ever to take my family for granted...

2 comments:

  1. There will forever be an empty spot in their lives ... the family will never be the same. I have walked in their shoes. Prayers are lifting for them ... He will hold them in His arms as they grief, to lift their sadden hearts.

    Have a beautiful & blessed Thanksgiving.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers go out to your Pastor's family. How terrible.

    Your blog is beautiful and very uplifting. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~