Monday, November 29, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook







FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook





Outside my window...This is the first Monday of advent
... and I have a sense of expectancy in my spirit for this wonderful season that is just around the corner... the sun is shining but there is a crispness in the air as if winter is also looking forward to its emergence...
perhaps tonight we will light a fire and
trim a tree
I am thinking... about what this time of advent truly entails... I want my blog to demonstrate the glory of which I am feeling in my spirit that some small part of it may be shared with anyone who happens upon this site.... for our God is mighty to save all that was lost in the garden , not just souls, but the inner most substance of man in his day to day living, his health, his circumstances, his attitude, his actions .. every part of creation is yearning to be redeemed... if only the lost could see where to find their redemption!

I am wearing...my pj's..... just cant seem to get motivated to face going out and about so why not be comfy!

I am going... to be fixing left overs from Thanksgiving just one more evening tonight... turkey croquettes.... with baked butternut squash and green beans... tomorrow I am taking mom to the doctor and Im getting my allergy shot.. tomorrow I get to combine my allergy visit with an appointment with a doll lady... Doris sews beautiful doll clothes for America Girl sized dolls and our church provides the cutest dolls for us to take, dress up and outfit to then donate to the Rescue Mission for Christmas. I just love decking out a new dolly win festive clothes knowing what a thrill it will be for a precious little girl on Christmas morning... This activity will really kick off my special advent festivities for the season
I am reading

Book of Luke
Angels at Christmas by Debbie Macomber
I am hoping....get the tree trimmed and the mantle decorated today....it is usually done over Thanksgiving weekend but as you can see well, it just didnt happen this year!
On my mind...
I've been thinking a lot today about neighbors.... our good neighbors of over 15 years are moving today...in fact, the moving van just pulled out the driveway and all is quiet ...
these great friends are not moving away but just across town but even the most devoted friendships falter in these busy times... no matter how much you want to and plan to keep up the friendship ...stuff gets in the way.... I know that the new folks are closing today... and they have moved here from several states away....been transferred here.. and we're delighted to know that new folks are a comin"! But don't you just wonder.... so much... will we be friends.... should I take them a pie.... how long should I wait until I make a move.... do they want to be bothered with southern hospitality.... they are from the midwest.....it is a lot to have on my mind... but you know what... it's best to just ...let God! So, I'll just set my thinking on something else now that Ive got that off my mind!!!
Noticing that...time is really hurtling past... and if I dont get a move on I may miss Christmas all together!

Pondering these words...


Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat.
Please put a penny in the old man's hat.
If you haven't got a penny, a half penny will do.
If you haven't got a half penny, then God bless you."
- Traditional English Christmas rhyme




Around the house....well, aside from the usual preparation for this wonderful advent season... I still have to deal with organizing my seasonal clothing.. I hate this job perhaps more than any around the house.. redoing every closet and drawer to make way for each season's wear! As it is every surface is cluttered with winter clothes with no where to go! Dreary, dreary, me!
One of my favorite things...
planning for the marvelous 4 and a half days that our kids will be with us for the holidays!

From my picture journal...


Perhaps just to ponder this scene for a bit will motivate me to at least get this much done tonight!
This week you can visit Peggy for more SWD !

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a festive, busy week- hope it goes very well! Lots of love!
    -amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~