Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pink Saturday



Today is Pink Saturday with Bev at How Sweet the Sound. You can find that many are delighting in Pink there.

I was perusing my previous pink posts and found one from 2008 that I wanted to revive...So...today I am sharing an interest I have in pink glass. In the early nineties I was completely enamored with Fenton Glass. I went through a period where I searched hi and low for it on every trip we took. My favorite piece from that time is this lovely glass box, I purchased on our Cape May trip that we took back in 1991..
Photobucket
Of course, I may love it best because of the memories it evokes... We were on our way to Philadelphia with our precious Amanda, whom we had adopted from Korea 6 years prior. We were retracing the wonderful experience of going to Philadelphia when we picked her up at the International Airport so she could truly experience the events that she had watched on video so many times . That was probably one of our sweetest vacations we ever took as a family!.. Wonderful memory... wonderful PINKNESS!

9 comments:

  1. The pink box is truly lovely; but more so when you explained the wonderful vacation when it was found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all the Fenton glassware is very pretty. I can see why you picked this pattern. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'morn, Schotzy ~ Such beautiful memories & gorgeous pinkies ...

    Have a beautiful Thanksgiving ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Schotzy,
    thank you for sharing your memories of a memorable vacation and the beauty of your Fenton pink glassware.
    HPS
    rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pinks are really pretty but your memories are even lovelier. Happy Pink Saturday and also Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pink Fenton glass. Beautiful box. Happy Pink Saturday. Hey I'm having a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful memory and box!

    Sorry for the late visit- I think of busy Saturdays as a "Pink Weekend" since it takes me that long to visit everyone!

    Happy belated PS!

    In shoes we trust,
    Maggie Mae@
    "Do these shoes match this purse?"

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~