Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tabletop Tuesday


Click to photo  above to visit  our host  and  enjoy more  vignettes!
A punch  of Christmas    is just the thing to  get my   spirit  in gear to  get  things rolling   in this  yuletide season.... and the dining room is always the very first place where  Christmas can  be enjoyed.....  usually  on  the  hutch!
That is when I  bring out my  red transferware collection.....
Photobucket

which just   whispers,  to me to  Haul or the holly!!!!


Photobucket

And Mr. and Mrs. Fox...   my dear little  British  friends  who    winter over with us  each year!  They never fail to remind me of  Roald  Dahl's   book,   Fantastic Mr. Fox....   This  was one of our favorite  books to read with Amanda    who   always     cheered  so  gallantly for   Mr. Fox in his  endeavors to outsmart the  devious  bad  guy farmers....  she loved to imitate  the  pups  in their  cry, ; "Mummie,  will there be dogs?"
as their  courageous  father would  venture out of the den and into the night!   Such a great  story!!!  

Photobucket
 You can see just how very dapper  Mr. Fox  truly is!

Photobucket
This simple  decor is just  enough to help me  get excited about  wrapping gifts and  and addressing cards   prior to  hauling out the more serious   yuletide trappings!    So this weekend  as I tidy up from  Thanksgiving  I  know  just how I will  initiate  the   hanging of the greens and the decking of the    halls....  a bit of red and white  with a   jolly old friend or two... topped off with a lovely cup of Christmas tea and a fresh baked cookie!   I can hardly wait!


3 comments:

  1. Those red dishes are simply lovely! And your foxes make quite a pair!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your red transferware is stunning. I love how you have arranged your vignette and the dolls are perfect. I don't think I have ever seen the Fox ones before, but they are spectacular. Thanks for joining TTT and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those foxes, mummy!
    -a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~