Monday, December 19, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY
Bright and sunny... no  sign of   Christmas in the forecast around here for sure....

I am thinking...it is nice to have a day  to myself to just  work around the house and  get things done in my leisure as the spirit moves....  aw... my kind of day..I refuse to allow pressure to seep in today.

I am thankful.. that  the  promise  from the Lord  that   I am learning more and more to  live   by  is that  he will supply everything we need for each day  and  to  live  like I believe and accept it

In the kitchen...leftovers... what else?

I am wearing...  green sweat pants and a and robin's egg blue  tee.....      I know  it sounds  pretty bad but  it is comfy and today that  is  really nice!


I am creating..   a homey  atmosphere for Christmas!

I am going...  to  be sitting here  by the phone  today  waiting for  mom's doctor to return my call....   we  have got to  beg him for    mom's procedure  on her  broken  lumbar 2  to  take place sooner    rather than later..... she has suffered  long enough waiting for  tomorrow's  mri

I am wondering...  well,,,   Ive actually got so much on my mind.. I can't   choose any one thing to  delineate.. but rest assured  I am wondering  about plenty!

I am reading...no time for reading   except   I  hope to  find some time for  the scriptures this week.....

I am hoping... that    each day from now til the years' end will  be happy,  joyful, and stress free

I am looking forward to..seeing our dear children  this week!

I am hearing...just my fingers tapping on the  keypad


Around the house...I am seeing  rooms  one at a time  come alive with the spirit of Christmas!

I am pondering...my need to  let go of the  must do's of Christmas and  simplify my holiday  experience...   my goal is  to  just  be joyful and   keep  a happy tone    in our household.

One of my favorite things... a nice cup of Christmas tea   around a lighted  Christmas tree!

A few plans for the rest of the week:Monday:   work on  cleaning the house  awaiting  Dr's  call  about  Mom
Tuesday:  Take mom to  the  mri
Wednesday:  Finish any  last minute decorating , have  a  family over for dinner, and a nice  fireside  chat
Thursday:  do some  Christmas baking,  drive to  Lynchburg to meet the Christmas train and collect our children   --yayayayayyayayayaya---   and take them to  phase one of their  Christmas  vacation ... our phase of their  stay begins on the  26th.....   therefore, Lynn and I need to invent  our own  Christmas  experience  just the two of us.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Photobucket
Saturday night   Lynn and I  joined along  with our   Sunday School class  in a progressive  dinner party..    we met in three  different homes for appetizer, meal, and dessert...all 32 of us  had  a glorious time of  loving,  and joyous  fellowship.....   delightful in every aspect!

Visit  Peggy  at  The Simple Woman's Daybook here  for more   offerings...

2 comments:

  1. I think this is my first visit here and I had such a good time reading about your week...
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post! thanks for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~