Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Planning Cup of Tea

I love this  after Christmas,   but not quite  Valentine's Day, time of year....especially when the weather is    trying so   bust out into spring  like the  past few days here in the mid-Atlantic..
I love to lay aside a bit of Christmas  decor and repurpose it for  Valentine's Day...  yet  as  I am still grieving   the loss of my  parents,    simplicity is   the word this year...
(Note:   The high chair remains   in the dining room for   our  most prestigious  guest, Birdie)
I love  transferwear so much....  it   always has a story   to tell...
The red goblets really  dress up  the cozy cottage  plates....
as well, the  red  votives  add  splash and verve to the table.


I replaced    the   gilded  arrangement from Christmas with  a more  wintry theme
  amd berries and roses  with  intermittent  hearts  dress up the mantel!
  Now I  can sit back and enjoy a cup of tea...


while I do a bit of menu planning!

Martha’s Favorites 

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I love transferware too. It does tell a story and each piece is so very charming. Your table looks wonderful and I like all the pops of red in your room. I like to hang plates on the wall as well. They just add a little something special to a wall. I'm so happy you could come to tea today.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are exactly right! That IS the charm of transfer ware. Prayers for comfort during this time of mourning. Your home looks lovely and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the red transferware as my blog this week will show........ Your table is lovely. I so agree that a cup of tea can certainly add to your calm as you make plans, no matter what they may be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a transferware addict too! I love that the red from Christmas can linger for another couple of months. Love your hutch! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, the buffet looks GREAT-- definitely DE-cluttered!!! woohoo, so proud of you and your new outlook!

    love & hugs,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love transferware as well and your collection is so gorgeous with your beautiful red goblets! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your parents!! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~