Monday, January 19, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday



Click here  to return to  HHM!
The weather outside is::::


promising to be nice... it is bright and sunny... 

a good day to get out and walk which will make my

daughter very happy to read this this morning...

On the breakfast plate this morning::::

fruited yogurt with honey nut granola and a lovely 



cup of coffee


As I look outside my window:::

it is such a sunshiny day, the light is blindingly



cheerful...


Right now I am::::


sitting here in my jammies and house coat awaiting hubby to 



bring me my morning repast.... I love this lil habit



we have created since his retirement..... 


I get to sit and do my morning internet time


and he demonstrates his love for me 


in the most lovely manner!



As I look around the house::::





This are looking better all the time.. everytime I go into a

room I am looking for things that I do not need or 

how to organize things better... I am loving the 

organization storage unit I got at IKea which I have shown 

twice already. Lynn is putting the floor one together

today and I am deciding the items to store in the

wicker baskets.. Ive already removed all of my

Beth Moore study guides from the downstairs book case 

to store in one of them. THis created a ton of space 

on the bookcase... Now I am thinking how I can 

organize the books by topic on that book case.. 

Every little bit is making a huge improvement

in every room.

On today's to do list::::


get the storage unit assembled



continue working in the storage room downstairs



collect items to take to donate

find a few items to offer to a friend whose son

is asking for furniture

laundry


Currently reading::::

The book of Daniel



Beth Moore's study guide on Daniel

research on Ireland for our trip this year

On the TV today::::



              I was watching Penny Serenade last night on youtube and
                didnt get to finish it because Downton Abbey
                             was coming on...What a sweet movie PS is...
                       highly receommended.

On the menu this week::::

barbecued pork loin



chef salad and baked potatoes



kale, cornbread, and navy beans

(Will take this dish to my sweet friend 
in the nursing home)


What I am creating at the moment::::

an organized house




New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::


AMISH BROCCOLI SALAD
This delightful salad with my own tweaks lends itself to some wonderful ideas for variations, so be sure to check them out at the bottom of the recipe! This recipe will definitely feed a crowd.  The Smoked Gouda lends an amazing flavor to the salad and would be especially great served at a barbecue.  The original recipe called for 1/2 cup of sugar.  Feel free to reduce the sweetener to taste, leave it out, or use your own preferred sweetener.
Note:  If you prefer, you can blanch the vegetables in boiling water for 3 minutes to take the edge off the crunchiness (especially for the cauliflower (that's why I suggest cutting it real small).
1 lb chopped broccoli (0.45 kg)
1 lb chopped cauliflower (0.45 kg)
  (chopped into very small chunks)
1/2  lb bacon, fried and crumbled (0.2 kg)
  (about 7 slices)
2 cups grated Smoked Gouda, OR (500 mL)
  Cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup mayonnaise (250 mL)
1 cup sour cream (250 mL)
Liquid sweetener (sucralose or stevia) to equal 1/2  cup sugar (125 mL)
  (this is optional...but the sweet taste is popular in this)
1/2  tsp salt, OR to taste (2 mL)
In large salad bowl or trifle bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, bacon and 11/2  cups (375 mL) Smoked Gouda or Cheddar cheese.  In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, liquid sweetener and salt.  Stir the creamy mixture into the broccoli salad.  Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.  Cover the salad bowl with plastic wrap and chill before serving



Favorite photo from the camera::::






MY gorgeous orchid my sweet cousin sent me!

Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::


fear has stopped me from doing
too many things in life,....
all fear is , is a lie of satan...
I refuse to listen anymore







4 comments:

  1. That salad looks delicious and I LOVE your inspirational quote! Have a great weel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "Right now I am" - must leave this post up on my computer where hubby can see it and file that away in "Things I need to do when I retire"! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful orchid! And the weather there sounds wonderful! It's not quite that warm here but it is mild enough for an afternoon walk to so I'm looking forward to that! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That orchid is beautiful! Reminds me that I set a goal to bring more plants into our home. I need to work on that. Your quote is great as well. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~