Monday, September 4, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday

 happyhomemakermonday



Return to DSAHM    here.

The weather:::
We enjoyed a delightfully mild  weekend,  but the temps are  a bit higher today...looking forward to  midweek  when autumn will  sneak in  with  much cooler air!!  Praying   that  Irma stays a sea this week!

Right now I am:::
We just finished  leisurely breakfast..  got a late start today  after a  rather hectic  last few days.... finishing  off my coffee  and  returning to  my blog!
 photo cid_X_MA1_1203768359aol.gif

On my reading pile:::
IPeter, chapter 1
Ann Voskamp, The Broken Way 
Max Lucado, When God Whispers Your Name

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
I enjoy  both Hallmark  channels,  romance and  mysteries
Fixer Upper
Escape to the Country on YouTube


On the menu for this week:::
Monday 
Roasted Turkey Tenderloin

Roasted  Turkey Tenderloin
ingredients
4 servings 154 cals
1 pound turkey tenderloins
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning,
Place the turkey tenderloins in a sealable plastic bag and set aside.
In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, mustard and poultry seasoning. Pour over turkey, seal bag and shake to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours shaking once or twice.

Preheat oven to 325  and  roast turkey  for  55-60 minutes to  internal temp  of 165.  Serve with  cranberry  sauce.


Tuesday 
chef salad

Wednesday 
Baked potato bar, chili, corn bread salad

Thursday 
stir fry chicken and rice

Friday 
  fried fish, Cole slaw and cornbread muffin

Saturday 
Sunday 
celebratory luncheon at church

On my to do list:::
Kitchen......organize my office area
Laundry.....dark colors,  linens
House......Vacuum and dust. Pick up around the house. 
Ladies Aglow
Ladies Bible Study...James MacDonald  (Think Differently )
{Why do we tend to hurt those we care for most? The reason is often the way we think. This 10-session Bible study by James MacDonald identifies strongholds, examines how they came to be, and offers believers a biblical path toward repentance and the renewing of their minds.}

What I am  creating:::
I made  2  fairy gardens  for the girls  to play with last week...  I  want to incorporate  some of the items into a mantel  scene for the  changing season.... just because it sounds fun!!

better  photos to come..my phone  needs charging

Looking around the house:::
looking outside  we had been so  hot and dry up until  last  week  and then we finally got  a bit of  real rain....just in time to spruce  a bit before our girls came to visit..the angel wing begonias were very welcoming!!
as were  the   snap dragons...  so pleased!!!


From the camera:::
I  captured  our precious  19 month old  grand  princess  deliberating over what color to use  on her color sheet she is so  bright  she  knew exactly  which shoe went on which foot,  the colors,    and  was talking up a storm.  Oh, how I'm going to miss  them..


What I'm wearing today:::
beige shorts  and  tank top  with  lime green over shirt

One of my simple pleasures:::
I  love to watch  netflix  videos of  Mary Berry and   Paul Hollywood  showing   how to bake in their Masterclasses....  I can watch them time and again..  trying to pick up the nuances of their  practises.  I baked  Mary's  Sponge cake  with  strawberries and  marscapone cream icing  for our  summer birthday   party...  so  good!!!! 
Strawberry-Cream-Sponge-Cake
Inspirational Quote, Bible verse, anything you want to share:::
Image result for inspirational verses

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love those fairy gardens,every time you share them, I think I should make one. How exciting your cake turned out, looks wonderful! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jean... I am truly inspired to be baking more these days... hubs is simply delighted.

      Delete
  2. I love both Hallmark channels! Did you see that there is supposed to be a third Hallmark channel soon?

    Have a great week :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen anything about a third Hallmark... interesting... in my way of thinking there certainly isn't much worth seeing on prime time otherwise. I will definitely keep my eyes and ears open to this! God bless!

      Delete
  3. I just bought some turkey breasts so am bookmarking your recipe - sounds delicious! Adorable picture - I just love to watch kids think :D Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Tamy... I just took my turkey loins out of the oven.. They smell heavenly....really moist and yummy... What a fast and easy way to cook turkey...I will remember this come Thanksgiving..!!!

      Delete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~