Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Wednesday Hodge Podge


Click here to return to Joyce's page!

1. When you think about your future what do you fear most? Hope for the most?
After   the trials of  caring for my  aged parents  and subsequent  nursing home care... since my  one and only child lives  states away,  I rather think  woefully about  my last days and  hope not to be a burden  yet  dread  a lonesome  finality of  a nursing home  ending..  I  am hoping to be raptured  before I    get to this  situation...
2. September is National Chicken Month. How often is chicken on the menu at your house? What's a favorite dish made with chicken? What's something you're a 'chicken' about doing or trying?
We  eat  a lot of chicken... I particularly love  stir fry chicken  and  any  Chinese  chicken dish..
Image result for chicken little
I  am  chicken little  when it comes to  water over my head... I am just not  comfortable  with  water sports or boating...

3. What are three things you don't own but wish you did?
Really...??? I am  at the stage of life I cant think of a thing  that I need.. unless you count the  baking items I asked  hubs to order for me from Amazon.  new  biscuit cutters  and a couple of  new tins...  
RSVP Stainless Steel Round Biscuit Cutters with Fluted Edge, Set of 4OVEHEL 9 Inches Removable Loose Bottom Quiche Tart Pan, Tart Pie Pan, Round Tart Quiche Pan with Removable BasePME RND084 Round Seamless Professional Aluminum Baking Pan, 8" x 4", Silver
 but I will definitely  get rid of several items to make way for these new ones...  I am definitely in  de-clutter mode.

4. Would you rather be a jack of all trades or a master of one? Elaborate. If you answered one, which one?  
I would love to  master the art of   really  great bread baking.
Related image
5. Ketchup or mustard? On what? 
I prefer  ketchup  on  fries and  burgers,   mustard goes a long way with me....  I will take a bit on  my hot dog  but I must have mayonnaise,as well.  I do  put a  tad of mustard in  some  recipes  like marinades,  meat loaf,  dressings,  chili, etc.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
I  am asking for  a prayer of two  regarding  a new spot that has appeared on my nose.. I'm calling the dermatologist this morning  for an appointment..  I  fear it  is  hopefully a precancerous  lesion,     and nothing worse...  this spot is right on the tip of my nose...  oh, well... beauty  is a fleeting thing at best!

4 comments:

  1. Schotzy,

    I'm visiting from Joyce's today playing the hodgepodge round for the first time in years. I'll certainly keep your prayer request in my mind. I have the same concerns about growing old and no one to care for me (or my husband). We have children but there is a bit of tension on their part toward us but am trusting God to lead their hearts back to Jesus. I know if that happens then everything will improve. With God the impossible IS POSSIBLE. Mmm, I love to bake but I hate the calories! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cathy... yes, unfortunately calories can be an issue... That is why whatever I bake we eat part and freeze some for later....thanks for the prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Few things smell (or taste!) better than freshly baked bread. I love it but can't eat too much of it : ) I do hope you got a good report from the dermatologist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce, thank you for you kind comments. I actually go to dermatologist Monday morning.. I also hope to give a good report... I'll be so glad to go and find out.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~