Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Back to Basic Living


It  has been   rather   good to put the  red, white, and blue away and get back to basics...
It all started with my  birthday yesterday...
  I  received  some   wonderful  gifts...
This book  is one  our   Bible  teacher has  been  quoting from   now for several weeks...
I  can't wait to   get into it... Im definitely taking it on my train trip....  later this month!
Another great read   I got was 
I am  reading this book aloud to my husband each morning..   we  are  so inpsired  by   Eric Metaxas' writing!
Some   personal items and  delicious food followed...   but this next item I,  also, love....
My friend   walked into  the    consignment shop and  just  said, "Lord,  Show me what Carolyn would like."
This gorgeous brass pitcher made in Italy....  
which I added to   this   arrangement
I felt  so   amazed  a month ago   when  the Lord led me to this  painting.. one Im pretty sure most  folks  would  bypass in a hurry,  but   I love it........  what cant be seen  in this photo very well,  is that in the far background  on the right is the shadow of St. George slaying the dragon.... I love the  spiritual  connotation of this...
for  our battle is in the spirit realm....our weapons  are  spirit, as well!
Notice how the   delicate   yet intricate  shape of the   new pitcher   mimics the   graceful lines of the one in the photo....  I  love it!
I turn now   180 degrees and  capture the  dining table...
Time to  hail   teatime.... 

My dear cousin, Pam,  is   coming   for a wee visit  this evening,  as   several of my mom's sisters  are gathering to   visit with  her, dad and us  tomorrow  for luncheon.......
I want to take  advantage of  Pam's visit  to   enjoy a bit of teatime together...  
   so I found this  wonderful low carb  dessert  to try 
for this evening...paired  with  a nice  green tea  fruited  cooler....   yum!


Summer To Autumn Peach Galette
in Diana's Recipe Book


Servings: 8

Comments:
Top each slice with a dollap of Lite or Fat-Free Non-Dairy Whipped Topping, and indulge in this lovely summer to autumn galette.


Ingredients:
1/2 of a 15-ounce package folded refrigerated unbaked
piecrust (1 crust)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 cups peeled and sliced peaches
(1 1/2 pounds)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon water

Instructions:
Let the pie crust stand at room temperature according to package
directions; unfold. Line a large baking sheet with foil and lightly flour.
Place pastry on the prepared baking sheet and roll to a 14 x 11-inc oval.

In a large mixing bowl stir together granulated sugar, flour, and
nutmeg. Stir in peaches and lemon juice. Spoon peach mixture onto
pastry, leaving a 2-inch border.

Fold pastry border up and over peaches, folding edges gently as needed. Combine egg and water.Brush egg mixture onto the top and sides of the crust. Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the crust is golden. If necessary, cover top crust with foil for the last 10 to 15 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning. Cool for 30 minutes on the baking sheet. Makes 8 servings.

Tip: You can substitute nectarines, plums, or other summer fruit for the peaches, if desired.

source

This week Im sharing here....

Blue Monday @ Smiling Sally
A Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage
Tea Cup Tuesday~ Artful Affirmations
Tea Cup Tuesday ~Martha’s Favorites
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ Antiques and Teacups
Friends Sharing Tea ~ Open House @Bernideen’s Teatime Blog
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
Cottage Style Party @ Lavender Garden Cottage
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home on T
hursday

8 comments:

  1. Lovely table! That tea cup is so beautiful. I too like that painting. Have a great time with your Aunt Pam. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't summer reading the best? I love to have good books around just in case I can sit outdoors, have a cup of tea and read.
    Your new pitcher is lovely, and suits your picture/painting very well. That is a lovely one.
    Your tea cup to is beautiful with that striking floral art work on it.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do love your painting! Do you know the artist's name? Your new brass pitcher looks right at home under the artwork. The tea cup is so lovely with its bright, floral design. Happy Tuesday, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pitcher is so beautiful, and so are your other treasures. Thanks so much for sharing at Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Carolyn! You received some wonderful gifts. I noticed the jug in your painting right away, matching the new pitcher from your friend. Very nice! I have seen this kind of pie before, in fact I have a recipe for apple. Peaches would be delicious too. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the visit with Pam and thank you for coming to tea.

    Blessings to you, my friend,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I meant to mention the silver pot; it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am stuffed right now after a trip to a chinese buffet but I do believe I could eat that entire galette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a blessing this post - love the idea of reading something together - especially something inspiring - how very thoughtful of your friend to gift you with this pitcher - I hope you had a marvelous time with your family - this galette looks scrumtious - I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~