Monday, July 1, 2013

July is Here!


Good morning, and Happy July!....
I  am  so honored to have been featured   this week on  A Return to Loveliness


I must say, Im not so unhappy with the turbulent summer weather we've experienced here in SW Virginia.... Thankfully, the storms  havent been too damaging, but they surely do keep the temps down, which I really love,,,

and the flowers are heavy in bloom!



This is the fabulous view from my morning porch where I enjoy my first cuppa and meet with the Lord!!!



I am reading the Bible through in chronological order and to be honest I have fallen behind, so this morning I spent my time reading through almost the entire book of Proverbs..... We need to reread this book often to keep our minds fixed on Christ likeness! Anyway, that brought me up to June 17th which is making me f eel somewhat better about being behind!!!



So today seems to be a catchup kind of day..... life events have taken a toll on our time lately and I have taken time now to get in the Patriotic Spirit!



Having the sunroom table ready for what may come seems to keep me in good stead....

of course, I wash  everything prior to dining, but keeping it set motivates me to be more hospitable and prepared for good times with friends!




I love my flower vase I picked up in Williamsburg.... so easy to arrange summer flowers in and makes a patriotic statement, as well!





Our wonderful Old Glory is the most beautiful standard in the world.... may it ever wave!



So after I finished arranging the sunroom table it was time for elevenses! Now that Im on my new eating plan, I begin with fruited yogurt early,,,, and take time mid morning for a morning repast....




Taking time to make food beautiful, serving it in smaller dishes, using herbs and Pam for frying makes a breakfast that not only feeds the body but the mind, and soul..... enjoying my tea in my Royal Albert July cup sets a mood for celebrating my favorite month of the year...... my daughter's and my own birthdays fall in July!



So while at Barnes and Noble the other day I found this book on the mark off table....



Full of fabulous recipes for any summer events that may come up....
I am always looking for new ways to use my madeleine pans!



I love this recipe for Portuguese custard tarts whose recipe I also found here!



And what about these Choc Nut and Cornflake Slices!!
Not exactly on my eating plan,,,  but   someone   would  surely  want to make these!!!!!



4 ounces of butter chopped coarsely


1/2 c superfine sugar


1/3 c light corn syrup


1/3 c crunchy peanut butter


4 c cornflakes


11 ounces milk choc, melted


Grease 8/12 pan line with parchment paper along base and sides, extend the paper over the sides for removing later


Stir butter, sugar syrup, and peanut butter, in large saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer,uncovered without stirring, 5 minutes,. Gently stir in cornflakes. Spread mixture into the pan. Press firmly. refrigerate for 30 minutes until set.


Spread chocolate over and slice. Stand at room temp until set..


prep + cook time


30 minutes plus refrig time


makes 24

This week Im sharing here....

Blue Monday @ Smiling Sally
A Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage
Tea Cup Tuesday~ Artful Affirmations
Tea Cup Tuesday ~Martha’s Favorites
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ Antiques and Teacups
Friends Sharing Tea ~ Open House @Bernideen’s Teatime Blog
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
Cottage Style Party @ Lavender Garden Cottage
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home on T
hursday

13 comments:

  1. Your table is blue-tiful; I especially like those glasses. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Blue Monday, Schotzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post! The book looks wonderful and how nice to celebrate birthdays together! I love your patriotic setting! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful setting. Happy 4th of July. I played too. Mine are here and here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful setting to have coffee and study the Bible. Perfect way to meet with the Lord each day. Your tablescape is stunning. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, festive tablescape -- perfect for the 4th of July. Your new book was a great find at the book store. Well done! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos and sentiments! I love your blue and white transferware table setting. The vase is beautiful with flags and flowers. I especially love you pewter teapot. Have happy holiday!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Schotzy,
    What a pretty table you have set. I love your transferware and lovely linens; so beautiful! The teapot is very cute and I always enjoy your sentiments and witness of the Lord. A special post! I also thought I should let you know that last week I had featured your pretty red, white, & blue tablescape at my HOME party which you had linked the week before. Loved it! Thank you for joining me for tea and Happy 4th of July!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Schotzy,
    you have really made a sophisticated patriotic tablescape. I love the transferware and the center piece is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing and have great fun on the 4th of July.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my that is a gorgeous patriotic table setting! You are really amazing at making beautiful dining areas. That cookbook is gorgeous too,especially resting on your lovely white tablecloth. Such pretty images you take!
    Have a wonderful holiday!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest has been preaching through the Bible for a number of years - the New Testament and we've been studying the Old Testament during Wednesday Bible study - it truly is marvelous to go through it - always something new to learn - lovely, patriotic tablesetting - love the dishes - I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tablescape. I love blue and white dishes ;) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This blog is an exciting find! We have much in common with love for our flag, God's word, tea cups, homemaking, lace, flowers, and all things beautiful! I am still working on my website and hope to find more time to blog while raising our adorable rabbits!
    Garden Bunny from www.gardengatecards.us

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~