Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pass the Pot O' Tea Please

Nothing  speaks  to the   inner  soul   like  a  calming    afternoon break over a  cup of   lovely tea...  Teatime around here  is  an essential  part of  the day.... No matter  what I am doing,   taking a tea break makes everything  seem more  peaceful and  less dreadful...  and  let's face it, life can become somewhat dreadful..  Just having  the tea components   readily available is  part of the experience....
 photo July2012111.jpg

One doesnt   want to spend   undue  time trying to locate the  implements!
How about tea  in the morning,    by the bedside!Why, I think tea for one, as long as it is for me, is a lovely  thing!
 photo July2012018.jpg 

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” 

Tea on the sideboard  in preparation for  a  luncheon  gathering is   an absolute!

 photo JUneluncheon010.jpg
On   a miserably hot and humid day like today,   an iced tea  break is called for....
 photo Spring2012224.jpg

Kate Greenaway  wrote....

"With a cool breeze blowing, and not too much heat -
And doesn't the tea-tray look charmingly neat?"

Or,   sometime,  an iced tea  break on the porch with my sweetie,   makes the day   special!
 photo Spring2012171.jpg
One of my favorite   teatimes is when I steal  away  with   my  cuppa tea  and   enjoy  my   new magazine of fresh ideas and   lovely  inspirations!
 photo Spring2012128.jpgOr if it is   extremely pleasant in  the garden,   an afternoon  soiree' is   simply sublime!
 photo Spring2012106.jpg
 photo Spring2012100.jpg
"Bread and water can so easily be toast and tea."  ~Unknown
 photo Spring2012097.jpg
An afternoon of bird watching and  drawing,  is much more   festive with a bit of tea and  a sweet!

“There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea.” 

 photo Spring2012084.jpg

The Tea Party 


I had a little tea party 
This afternoon at three. 
'Twas very small-
Three guest in all-
Just I, myself and me. 

Myself ate all the sandwiches, 
While I drank up the tea;
'Twas also I who ate the pie
And passed the cake to me. 

~Jessica Nelson North 
Sometimes  we just cant wait and  must have  tea with our   breakfast...    photo gardentea011.jpg
I always  enjoy so much  everyone's   lovely  sentiments about tea and  their   beautiful teatime settings....    Please  check out these  sites for   more !

Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz CottageTea Cup Tuesday~ Artful Affirmations
Tea Cup Tuesday ~Martha’s Favorites
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ Antiques and Teacups
Friends Sharing Tea ~ Open House @Bernideen’s Teatime Blog
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
Cottage Style Party @ Lavender Garden Cottage
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here

Home and Garden @ A Delightsome Life
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home on T
hursday

8 comments:

  1. Oh lovely! So many lovely spots for tea. Your white tea cup is so pretty with the raise pattern. I do love white tea cups! And your teapot too is really wonderful. The daffodil tea pot on your hutch is the very same one I own too! I love it! Perfect for spring.
    It looks like you are having a great summer : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi: I love that tea pot! Just beautiful. Ice tea is a favorite of mine, especially in the summer. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love tea too - hot or cold. I love all of your areas. The little hutch looks wonderful with that little bunny lamp. All of your tea taking spaces are so pretty! :) I'd love to take tea with you.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, what a beautiful post! I love your hydrangeas! The photo of the tea pouring into the cup is so very charming. Such a lovely and serene read and I would love to join you! Thank you for coming to tea and have a delightful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your picture captures what a tea break should be: peaceful and enregizing. I love your teacups and teapots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the daisy tablecloth, and the teapots are lovely! Wonderful tea quotes. Afternoon tea is an essential in our home as well. A relaxing Ahhh....no matter what the day is. Lovely post! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so pleased that you linked to Tea In The Garden Party which is each Tuesday. I will not be having Open House anymore so will do my one party. I love your hydrangeas and your pretty tea table! Everything is truly beautiful on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tea is definitely a marvelous occupation that brings peace and serenity to our day - lovely post! I am so delighted you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~