Monday, October 28, 2013

In Lieu of Halloween

Our dining room  seems to be the heart of the house.... it reflects the  seasons  and family activity...
 photo 2012-10-20024349_zps0ab56e3a.jpg

If it is autumn the black and white  linens are  usually   prominent...
 photo 2012-10-20024405_zps679179ac.jpg
The contrasting colors  just   brighten  every  tablescape...repeating colors     are echoed in the kitchen...
 photo May2012015.jpg

 photo May2012012.jpg
My inherited antique chicken  reminds me of  childhood gatherings around my mother's kitchen...
it's no wonder I  have  also inherited my mom's   love of  roosters.... like this fine fellow
 photo 2012-10-22224518_zps22a6745d.jpg
  both these items   find their way into autumnal  vignettes  around my house..  simple  treasures   that  remind me of   family,  hearth, and home!
A Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Cottage Style Party @ Lavender Garden Cottage
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home on Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Your home is lovely with the pretty treasures from your family! I love the black and white tablecloth for it is the perfect background for fall. Your cupboards are lovely with all your treasures. Have a great week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dining room is certainly the heart of the home - a wonderful place to share family time! Lovely vignettes with gorgeous treasures! I appreciate you sharing your lovely post with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~