Saturday, November 25, 2017

A Bit of Quiet on Thanksgiving Day

Today I am so pleased to join in Eileen's Saturday Critters 
party...What a lovely group of followers  this  party attracts... I can wish that I lived someplace  more  conducive to a variety of  critters.. but, alas,  I  can usually only  report on the critters  who pass my way here in the neighborhood..  I should probably  set up a blind  at night  to capture the many deer who traverse  this  valley...  I only really see the damage they have done.. this week  one knocked over  my  lovely birdbath and the bowl broke in three parts..but, on to  happier  reporting.. Thursday afternoon, after all the  hoopla of Thanksgiving, it was such a gorgeous afternoon I sat out hoping to  have an unexpected visitor...and then suddenly  there he was.. I heard the  usual  clamoring above  and  knew a mischievous squirrel  was  loping  about from limb to limb.. their  favorite  mode of transportation it seems. he scampered from our  trees to  our neighbors branches  and then to the  tree  at the back of our  house.  Gray squirrels have been very prominent around here  until this  last season..  Recently,  we only see one  at a time whereas they used to travel mainly in pairs.. 
After  a bit of skittering he  finally settled  down on  this knotty knob and  posed for me quite a while.
 His frisky tail  waved at me almost  in a tantrum...  I wonder if he knew I was  interjecting myself into his domain,  even though I was sitting  by my backdoor  as I zeroed in on him. 
After some time  he finished his  respite and  hied himself  along    this exit branch....  took a flying leap and  

and bounded into the Norwegian Maple  in my neighbors   backyard...  all was quiet then as I imagined he found his nest ... I could  guess that he had had enough of  family banter there and sought a much needed bit of quiet to soothe his wearied wits...   but it will be interesting to  note when the branches are bare  just where his  tidy  nest might be!!! 


3 comments:

  1. Hello, cute critter. It is nice your squirrel friend stopped and posed. They can take flying leaps from tree to tree. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look out for those Grey Squirrels. They can cause a lot of damage to bird feeders and scare birds from your garden. You do have bird feeders right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but We dont usually get them going until the natural flora stops producing and providing.. WE have many sources of natural food for the foragers...but you are right.. it is time to get them up and going!!

      Delete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...