To return to Joyce's page click here
1. What takes you out of your comfort zone?
I feel out of my comfort zone when I am around super athletic arenas of friends and I feel that I am expected to keep up.. the main thing I am not, is athletic... especially, if water is part of it. For example, I’m not into boating venues.. like when we visit friends who want to take us out on the lake or picnic on the floating dock. I am definitely a land lubber.
2. Your least favorite spice? Not too excited about turmeric even though it is so good for you. I need to prob get more used to it.
3. What's a small change you'd like to make? To get back into the swing of desiring to take long walks.. something has come over me that has crushed that desire.
4. Do you enjoy visiting historic homes? If so, of the homes you've visited which one was your favorite? What historic home near you is open to visitors? Have you been? Southern Living rounded up eleven of the best in the southern part of the US and they're as follows-
I do enjoy visiting historic homes. I’ve enjoyed Monticello, the Baltimore, Mount Vernon, from the list given.. but my favorites is Carter’s Grove in Williamsburg on the James River
There is a historical tidbit about this house
During the Civil War, the northern troops took over the property and were billetted there while the officers were housed upstairs. It is said that the commanding officer road his horse up the staircase , hacking it with his sword to show his disdain for the south. You can see the hack marks in the banister!
The Maymont Estate and Gardens is in Richmond, Va...
A grand Victorian was built in the 1890's by an industrialist. His love of Olde English style inside and out is apparent.
The inside is rather Romanesque!
Absolutely gorgeous!!!
Monticello (Jefferson's home in Virginia), Nathaniel Russel House (Charleston SC), Swan House (Atlanta), Ernest Hemingway's home (Key West), The Biltmore (Vanderbilt home in Asheville NC), Mount Vernon (Washington's home in Virgina), San Francisco Plantation (Garyville, Louisiana), Windsor Ruins (Port Gibson Mississippi), Longue Vue House and Gardens (New Orleans), Whitehall (Palm Beach FL), and Pebble Hill Plantation (Thomasville GA)
Have you been to any on the list? Of the homes listed which would you most like to visit? Those Deep South plantations sound charming.
5. What's something you think will be obsolete in ten years? Does that make you sad or glad? Landlines will be obsolete and I do find that sad. I just do not think compact and portable is always better.. especially if worldwide service doesn’t improve.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I am at this moment awaiting to leave for the hospital for my 2 hour skin graft surgery. I will be so relieved once this whole episode finally comes to a happy ending. I have learned much about trusting God, but my patience wears thin.. I pray that will not be hurdle that would delay my happy results. Never take just being able to scrub your face for granted. I haven’t been able to do that for a few months now. Thank goodness for neutragena wipes! 😌

I love going to historic homes. I lived in a house that was built in the 1890's most of my life (about 30 years) and that was always something we'd find and visit when my family went on vacation. We've been to The Hermitage, The Nathaniel Russell, as well as a plantation near Charleston, a house with cannon ball holes in Tennessee from the Civil War. I just love the history as well as the beautiful architecture and ways things were decorated in their period.
ReplyDeleteHi!!! Not sure when you will be able to check your blog, but I wanted to check and see how your surgery went????
ReplyDeleteHis,
Mrs. U
How sweet of you to check in... I am in a waiting game.. at home waiting til a day next week when I return to UVA medical center to have the dressing removed and then we will know if the graft took. All preliminary things looked good. The graft came from my inside ear flap and I have over 30 stitches to repair that. The dressing on my nose is sewn on to keep the graft stable. All to say this is a rather traumatic week. But
DeleteI have all the faith that God is with me going before me and guiding me. I do so appreciate your caring God bless you. I’ll be posting after midweek next week regarding the outcome.
I will certainly pray for you!! I cannot imagine the pain you must have been through!!!
ReplyDeleteAMEN that YES He is always with you and will never leave you or forsake you!!!