To return to Joyce's page click here
1. In a rut, in a jam, in the groove, out of sync, off balance, out of touch...which saying best fits some area of your life currently (or recently)? Explain.
Gee.. I feel like all of them... Im in a rut to the extent that I'm behind in every important area of life due to the process I am going through to restore my face from skin cancer removal... I have only been out in the last couple of weeks to get my hair. washed... I've lost touch with what is going on in the world it seems..I'm in a jam,and out of sync, in that I am playing catch up to get our names on the Senior Thanksgiving banquet that was supposed to be sign up for last week and paid in advance... A few phone calls and a bit of good natured begging and we are almost legal again!I do want to go because I will have had my graft by then.. praying God's best for that!!!I'm off balance just because I haven't really been enough exercise lately.. I'm feeling the weakness that goes along with that because I'm really in the groove with my reading.. I've read several books and have loved every bit of it.. but I really need to get out and walk once this is all over!!!
2. What is it about somebody else's style of work (coworker/employee/shared volunteer project/household chore) that makes you crazy? Why?
I hate to have to say this and I really doubt it will get back to anyone since I've been retired for 14 years.. I retired at age 53..after 30 years of teaching. but I couldn't stand the daily rants of negativity... just made me even more tired!!!.
3. What's a tradition that always makes you feel at home?
I love planning the events around the various holidays that involved food and decorating..My mom was such a great planner and she was so gracious a hostess all I ever wanted to do was to be just like her!!
And she got it all form her mother. a great lady.. farm wife and very hard working mother of 6 daughters and a whole boat load of grands... but she appeared to put on all the festivities without even uttering a sigh... Of course, I know how she would start weeks in advances... I never quite have decided just how she did it.. for example, her walnut brandy cake.. I know she started it at least several days in advance.. Then in the country almost 70 years ago there were many rather cold areas in her house where she could seal up food and allow it to just rest and and soak in flavors. That is the only thing I suppose that would allow her to be able to do that... but oh, man, was it ever delicious.. never had anything quite like it since!!!
4. A favorite song with a girl's name in the title or lyrics? Any reason why this is a particular favorite?
Well, the first song that came to mind was Amanda.. the name of our daughter and oddly enough she now lies in the same town as the name of the group that sang it.... Boston!
5. Share a favorite quote, verse, or saying relating to gratitude or thanksgiving.
For the beauty of the earth
For the beauty of the skies
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies
Over and around us lies
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our joyful hymn of praise
For the beauty of the hour
Of the day and of the night
Hill and vale and tree and flower
Sun and moon and stars of light
Sun and moon and stars of light
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our joyful hymn of praise
For the joy of human love
Brother, sister, parent, child
Friends on earth and friends above
For all gentle thoughts and mild
For all gentle thoughts and mild
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our joyful hymn of praise
For each perfect gift of thine
To our race so freely given
Graces human and divine
Flow'rs of earth and buds of heav'n
Flow'rs of earth and buds of heav'n
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our joyful hymn, our joyful hymn of praise
This our joyful hymn of praise
6. Insert your own random thought here.
During the weeks of my confinement here at home, I have so many plans ...so many changes I desire to implement in furniture rearrangement and decorating for the upcoming holidays, but alas, I am still quite unable to lift heavy items and hubs cant do it by himself..So I am learning patience...hopefully.. soon!

Loved reading your post. I too chose Amanda as one of my songs...but by Don Williams.
ReplyDeleteMy husband says he always knows when I'm feeling better when I start telling him things I'd like to have done around the house...HAAHA! Happy Hodgepodge.
ReplyDeleteShame you haven't been out. Soon you will. Then you are going to feel much happier. It's a tough thing to go through but you have seen the light at the end of the tunnel. Have a good week ahead.
ReplyDeleteI go back to University Medical Monday and will have the graft and all behind me by Wednesday... Come sweet light!!! Pray it all takes well and heals quickly!
ReplyDelete