Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Hodge Podge Wednesday

From this Side of the Pond

To return to Joyce's page click here

1. In a rut, in a jam, in the groove, out of sync, off balance, out of touch...which saying best fits some area of your life currently (or recently)? Explain.
Gee..  I feel like all of them... Im  in a rut  to the extent that  I'm behind in every important  area of life due to  the  process I am going through  to restore my  face  from  skin cancer  removal...  I have only been out in the last couple of weeks  to get my hair.   washed...  I've lost  touch with  what is going on in  the world it seems..I'm in a jam,and out of sync,   in that I  am playing catch up to get  our names on the  Senior Thanksgiving  banquet  that  was supposed to be  sign up for  last week and  paid in advance...  A few  phone calls and a bit of  good natured begging and  we are  almost legal again!I  do want to go because  I will have had my graft  by then..  praying  God's best for that!!!I'm  off balance   just because  I haven't really been enough exercise lately..  I'm feeling the weakness that goes along with that because I'm really in the groove with my reading.. I've read  several books and have loved every bit of it.. but  I really need to get out and  walk  once this  is all over!!!

2. What is it about somebody else's style of work (coworker/employee/shared volunteer project/household chore) that makes you crazy? Why?
I  hate to  have to say this and I really doubt it will get back to anyone  since  I've been retired for  14 years.. I retired at age  53..after 30 years of teaching.  but  I couldn't stand the daily  rants of negativity...  just made me even more tired!!!.

3. What's a tradition that always makes you feel at home?
I love planning   the  events  around the various holidays  that  involved food and  decorating..My mom was such a great planner and  she  was  so gracious a hostess  all I ever wanted to do was to be just like her!!
And she got it all form her mother. a great lady..  farm wife and  very hard working mother of 6 daughters  and a whole boat load of grands...  but  she appeared to  put on  all the  festivities  without  even uttering a sigh...  Of course, I know  how she would start weeks in advances...   I never quite have decided  just how she   did it..  for example, her  walnut brandy cake.. I know she started it  at least several days in advance.. Then in the country  almost 70 years ago  there were  many  rather  cold  areas   in her house where she could  seal up  food and allow it to just rest and    and soak in flavors. That is the only thing I suppose that would allow  her to be able to  do that... but oh, man,  was  it ever delicious.. never had anything quite like it since!!!




4. A favorite song with a girl's name in the title or lyrics? Any reason why this is a particular favorite?
Well,  the first song that came to mind  was Amanda..  the name of our daughter  and  oddly enough  she  now lies in the same town   as the name of the group that sang it.... Boston!





5. Share a favorite quote, verse, or saying relating to gratitude or thanksgiving.
For the beauty of the earth
For the beauty of the skies
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies
Over and around us lies

Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our joyful hymn of praise

For the beauty of the hour
Of the day and of the night
Hill and vale and tree and flower
Sun and moon and stars of light
Sun and moon and stars of light

Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our joyful hymn of praise

For the joy of human love
Brother, sister, parent, child
Friends on earth and friends above
For all gentle thoughts and mild
For all gentle thoughts and mild

Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our joyful hymn of praise

For each perfect gift of thine
To our race so freely given
Graces human and divine
Flow'rs of earth and buds of heav'n
Flow'rs of earth and buds of heav'n

Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our joyful hymn, our joyful hymn of praise
This our joyful hymn of praise




6. Insert your own random thought here.


During the weeks of my  confinement   here at home,  I have so many  plans ...so many changes I  desire to  implement in  furniture  rearrangement and  decorating for the upcoming holidays,  but alas,  I am still quite unable to lift  heavy items and  hubs cant do it by himself..So  I am learning patience...hopefully.. soon!

4 comments:

  1. Loved reading your post. I too chose Amanda as one of my songs...but by Don Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband says he always knows when I'm feeling better when I start telling him things I'd like to have done around the house...HAAHA! Happy Hodgepodge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame you haven't been out. Soon you will. Then you are going to feel much happier. It's a tough thing to go through but you have seen the light at the end of the tunnel. Have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go back to University Medical Monday and will have the graft and all behind me by Wednesday... Come sweet light!!! Pray it all takes well and heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~